Where the jewies at?

Jewfish, Jewies, Soapies, what an awesome fish to target!
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Where the jewies at?

Post by purple5ive » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:06 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Those d1ckheads ruined it for everyone else because of that.... thats all im saying.
"those dickheads" are what most of us modest fishos want to see. we don't want to watch GT fishing, or Tuna from queensland. just cause they stole your spot doesn't mean they are dickheads.
they are regular fishers like us. I enjoyed watching it, still haven't been there to try it but maybe I will now it gets up your nose.

grow up mate.

people watch fishing shows to learn how to fish. you crack it cause some secret spot is unveiled... its a fact of life...
Since you haven't been there and tried it i will say this much.. take your opinion of what i think and shove it where the sun don't shine. ....
You got no idea what happened there after they aired those episodes...

And yes i too would rather see local fishing compared to marlin, barra or tuna. But if its going to wreck the joint then id rather not....

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:47 am

Purp has pms.

Now you got a taste of your own meds. You dont like others commenting on some photos and now you called people dickheads because they fished in patto and posted videos...interesting.

Off to buy popcorn and watch the fireworks.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:56 am

Have met the ozfish fella a couple of times seems to be not a bad bloke also told me he uses equipment on his show that’s affordable to most.

Doesn’t mean I agree with exposing locations that can’t handle the pressure but most places are hardly a secret.

Kosta7

Post by Kosta7 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:23 am

Since I am new to fishing I am relying to these "dickheads" to learn whatever I can. Lots of videos out there about specific locations... I can understand jewies are very special and lots of people can be secretive about them as it can take years before you get one, but even if you know where they are it means pretty much nothing...
As far as Patto concerns, maybe we can ask the tackle shop at the boat ramp if it was a bad idea to shoot the video there...

bilby

Post by bilby » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:02 pm

In my experience, things tend to die down quickly after everyone works out that you can't catch mulloway or snapper in a particular spot just because someone made a video at a particular location. I've had spots "taken" before after being seen catching a big fish, but then I just move on until they get bored of catching zero fish after a few trips. I keep a "backup" list of spots in reserve for occasions like this. But In reality, most of my best fishing sessions have been at times and in weather that most casual fishers just won't put up with, and take many hours, days, or even weeks of effort.

nooga27

Post by nooga27 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:18 pm

deathray wrote:Nooga from my experience:
-there would be some kayakers out there who have probably racked up triple figures over the preceding months;
-the Yarra spot kindly provided by a fellow forum member is no better or worse than any other land based spot between Hawthorn and the bay;
-Jimi Hendrix is not overrated.
haha, well put Deathray. definately agree with point 3!

Yeah I guess a kayak is bit of a game changer, but now that ive put so many hours in from land and havnt got one - I feel like i need to get one from land first!
Red sky at night, Fisherman's delight

nooga27

Post by nooga27 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:20 pm

If anyone is seriously keen to catch jews, get down to Salt Creek, SA over summer and fish the beach - i went with a few mates and none of us had ever got one - in three days we got more than 30! crazy place over there!
Red sky at night, Fisherman's delight

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Good luck i hope you enjoy the movie

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:19 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
It flopped in the box office. Bugger! lol

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
It flopped in the box office. Bugger! lol
Geee bad luck mate ask for your money back atleast for getting stooged :rofl:
Looks like you got **** choices in watching movies as well not just fishing :tongue:

Return to “Mulloway Fishing”