Mighty Mulloway

Jewfish, Jewies, Soapies, what an awesome fish to target!
slinga

Re: Mighty Mulloway

Post by slinga » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:56 pm

abzz wrote:
slinga wrote:Killin' it as always buddy, your probably one of the best fisho's in Melbourne re: Larger species...

My Westernport Jew hunt starts soon.
Thanks slinga, appreciate the comment :thumbsup:
Keep us updated on the hunt, would love to see how it goes
It's gonna be time consuming, but as you know, hours fishing and timing is the key.

P.s. What do you think that Schoolie weighed you got some time back, 25kg??
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

abzz

Post by abzz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:15 pm

slinga wrote:
abzz wrote:
slinga wrote:Killin' it as always buddy, your probably one of the best fisho's in Melbourne re: Larger species...

It's gonna be time consuming, but as you know, hours fishing and timing is the key.

Yep that's pretty much what I estimated it at..about 25kg

slinga

Post by slinga » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 pm

abzz wrote:
slinga wrote:
abzz wrote:

Yep that's pretty much what I estimated it at..about 25kg
Solid
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

abzz

Post by abzz » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:45 am

Definitely getting smaller!!
Caught last night after about 15 minutes of fishing :super: lol
Attachments
image.jpg

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:47 am

Good catch abzz :a_goodjob: that's a way to put aside your freshwater expirence from last week lol
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:23 am

abzz wrote:Definitely getting smaller!!
G'day abzz, excellent work with cracking the mulloway code. I cracked it 3 years ago as well & now I get 1 and sometimes 2 on almost every trip that I try for them now and I can do it with in 3 hours, not like years ago I when I tried every theory in the book and just waste countless hours sittin in the cold, I've got them on fullmoons and new moons high tides and low tides, so that's not relevant to me anymore only 2 factors are and I'll hold it close to my heart lol and I'm sure you know what they are otherwise you wouldn't be catching them so frequently.. Well done once again!! :cheers:

abzz

Post by abzz » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:46 am

Buckle&scream wrote:
G'day abzz, excellent work with cracking the mulloway code. I cracked it 3 years ago as well & now I get 1 and sometimes 2 on almost every trip that I try for them now and I can do it with in 3 hours, not like years ago I when I tried every theory in the book and just waste countless hours sittin in the cold, I've got them on fullmoons and new moons high tides and low tides, so that's not relevant to me anymore only 2 factors are and I'll hold it close to my heart lol and I'm sure you know what they are otherwise you wouldn't be catching them so frequently.. Well done once again!! :cheers:
Cheers mate
Yeah I used to fish for 10+hours or so but now I pretty much fish for about 3-5hrs
Getting 1 or 2 every trip is pretty good, I don't get every time I go. Have you cracked any big ones yet? I can't seem to get bigger than a 10

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:03 pm

abzz wrote:
Buckle&scream wrote:
Cheers mate
Yeah I used to fish for 10+hours or so but now I pretty much fish for about 3-5hrs
Getting 1 or 2 every trip is pretty good, I don't get every time I go. Have you cracked any big ones yet? I can't seem to get bigger than a 10
Almost every trip, last 3 was in row and I haven't tried since as I'm now satisfied and confident I can do it again, I havnt got them over 10kg as yet that's because my baits not big enough. Bigger offering = bigger jew, but sometimes your luckily if the big ones are close by they will take smaller bait but if not then a bigger bait is the way to go..id love one around the 15-20kg mark.

bilby

Post by bilby » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:48 pm

I manage to hook large fish from time to time ... but how do you land them in the areas where they hold near structure? Even the last one we caught (a small fish around 4kg) took my brother around a pylon!

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:20 pm

bilby wrote:I manage to hook large fish from time to time ... but how do you land them in the areas where they hold near structure? Even the last one we caught (a small fish around 4kg) took my brother around a pylon!

its happened to me many times, you just got hope they swim out and not back in under the warf. When I hook up I don't play around much not around the docks area Iv been busted off to many time in the past to play games anymore. Just pump and wide trust in your rod and line and give it to it (just keep its head up)

Return to “Mulloway Fishing”