New Car

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: New Car

Post by ducky » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:36 am

rogs wrote:I'm up for a new car as well needs opinions and thinking of FJ Cruiser or Hilux SR5 4x4
for fishing and for work as well. Planning to be part time Sparky soon.
What's a part time sparky?

The hilux sr5 is nice. The rangers are nicer IMO. Haven't had a drive of the amaroks though.

nickb123

Post by nickb123 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:54 am

i towed a 4.2 tinny with a Falcon Ba GT-P for a few years seemed to tow fine, have just recently upgrade to a FG GT and am yet to fit a tow ball :down: i know they are a v8 but towing capacity should be around the same, i'll let you know how it tows once i get it done
Cheers Nick

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Id love a v8 but trying to be a bit sensible on what I get.
I went to the car yard over the weekend just to have a look at what the commodore , falcon and aurion looked like.
They are all quite big cars. While walking out I noticed a Subaru liberty wagon. Seems like a nice car and awd too. 2.5l engine not very powerful @125kw. But can tow 750k. I'm not sure how is got a higher towing rate than the other cars which are usually around the 500kg mark..
Is it because of the awd feature.?????
I'm leaning forward to them now since they are a bit smaller and more fuel efficient. The wife also liked it a lot.. plus a lot more features than the others I'm looking at.
Cheers

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:57 pm

I think you need to check the specs again.

Braked tow capacity
Aurion 1600kg
Falcon 1600kg or 2300kg with HD tow pack (better tow bar and weight distributing hitch)
Commodore 2100kg

Unbrake they are all 750kg which is a regulated limitation for all vehicles.

If you are thinking subaru also check out the Forester.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks.
I didn't know there was a compulsory limit for a non braked trailer. I'm sure the tucson I have (2 litre fwd) can only do 500kg.
Not set yet on the subaru. Still looking atm. But the liberty def looks like a winner. Not keen on the forester as they don't have the same specs as the liberty in ewuipment and other things. I believe the engine is the same
At the end all comes down to what I can afford.
Cheers.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:46 pm

I should say 750kg unbraked is the maximum limit some vehicles may have a lower rating.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:55 pm

I went to the Subaru dealership recently looking for a new bus for the wife. Went in intending to look at the forester but loved the outback instead. New obviously blows you budget out of the water but they are just like a vt-vz commodore wagon with boot space and 5.9l/100 turbo diesel. Much nicer on the inside too.

rogs
Has liked: 1 time

Post by rogs » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:59 pm

ducky wrote:
rogs wrote:I'm up for a new car as well needs opinions and thinking of FJ Cruiser or Hilux SR5 4x4
for fishing and for work as well. Planning to be part time Sparky soon.
What's a part time sparky?

The hilux sr5 is nice. The rangers are nicer IMO. Haven't had a drive of the amaroks though.
-Ducky
We'll be redundant soon and yeah i wish i could be a sparky (which i always want) after this present job
i dont think i can find a decent job or rather someone would offer a job for an old man like me :cry:
i used to be a Sparky back then and want to go back to the industry have to upgrade from "ES" to "A"
license though and i hope i could still make it .

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Yeah can't afford new lol. The outback and liberty are very similar in shape. Even the interior is similar. Size they are a bit different.
Nice cars for sure.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:15 pm

They're the same cars, just different suspensions etc. To lift them a bit. Inside they're identical.

Subis are great cars, but Jesus is the 2.5i pretty gutless for torque... I've got one and wouldn't tow with it any more than a box trailer

Return to “Wanted”