Desperately wanted Engine Mount

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
carrot

Desperately wanted Engine Mount

Post by carrot » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi

I have a boat with a Yanmar inboard diesel engine and am in need of an engine mount to replace one of mine which was rendered useless when trying to remove a seized bolt. There is no brand name on the mount, only the number "M5". But I found out they are called "Globe Ever-Stay Motor Mounts" made by Globe Rubber Products. The company no longer make these mounts so I am putting the word out on different forums hoping someone might be able to help me out. If you have one lying around in your shed or know where I might get one I'd certainly like to hear from you.

I found some with a google search but they are the wrong size (M6, M7, M8) mine is the smaller size "M5". Here is an image of the same engine mounts -

Cheers.

rixter

Re: Desperately wanted Engine Mount

Post by rixter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Call Marcus at 'Allnutt boat repairs in Mordialloc' , or go see the oldman in the big white double story house opposite mordy pier (boats and slipways there too, cant miss it ! ) , they have a 'huge' range of old parts etc for diesel engines and so forth, more than likely they will have the engine mount you need .
Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

carrot

Post by carrot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the good advice, I didn't think of asking the Allnuts but I should have because I lived in Mordialloc years ago. I contacted Marcus and he tells me he doesn't have the mount I am after but he has something similar that might suffice. Mordialloc is a couple of hours drive from my location so it will have to wait till next week before I can get there. I've also written to a few Victorian boat builders and am waiting for responses from them. I'm not holding my breath but you never know, something might come of it.

Thanks again.

cameronpatrol

Post by cameronpatrol » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Hey mate try
Luxfords in mornington they should have somthing there
cheers cam
There's no such thing as failure, only early attempts at success

Return to “Wanted”