kayaking WP 3,4,5,/10/14

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

kayaking WP 3,4,5,/10/14

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Mal ( Winchbitch ) and myself headed to coronet bay Friday after work - we might as well left the big rods at home they were only good for catching PJ sharks
Mal got 5 and I got 3 of the damm things

on the light rod I picked up a couta almost straight away ( used for bait ) and the PJs loved it - also got 3 tingers in the mid 30s
mal picked up a couple of ting and a pinky

we also caught 5 million micro flatties or that seamed to be the count anyway

nice night on the water but a shortage of larger fish

Sat
I finaly got the grumpy one out for a paddle -- we just headed down to Warnett , realy it was a little windy for her so it was a short and sweet trip
no rods or eskies were taken just a bit of a paddle and showed her the easiest way to lift the anchor

just a few more things to do so she can come out and attack some fish this season

Sunday
I did an after noon trip to Dickies Bay -- for those that dont know the area , it's right behind the San Remo cop shop
it was a bit of a recon trip as I hadn't fish there before with the yak

I launched just at the San Remo jetty and paddled under the bridge and down to Dickies ( about a Km ) and it wont be my last trip there
the tide runs a bit under the bridge and also the channel that leads to the bridge

and yes I had to paddle against the tide under the bridge both ways - not a big problem however on big tide days it may not be for the faint hearted

anyway my sounder is still at lowrance having a gold fish installed or having the water removed one or the other so I would be running blind in most of WP this area however is super clean clear water
So I just parked on a big sand patch 1 paddle lenth in depth and started soaking baits - first cab of the rank was a banjo shark and not much apart from bait steeling toad fish happened till the tide turned

not long after the tide started in I got a realy good run with 5 Salmon to 36 cm 3 whiting to 38 cm a flatty @ 34 cm and a mullet
then I kept getting good bites that seamed like whiting bites but no hook ups and they also weren't taking the baits off
and then ---- a 36 cm Gar so it looks like the sea run gars are here nice and early

so the guys that fish coronet bay or RI it might be worth setting up a gar rig from now on for some fresh Gar snapper baits
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Rod Bender

Re: kayaking WP 3,4,5,/10/14

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:15 pm

:rocking_report:
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Great report CP!
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:53 pm

:a_goodjob: great report.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:42 am

Great fishing !!

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:11 am

Very nice, would have been a good weekend for it.
Love successful recon missions.
Tight lines = Good Times!

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:56 am

Great report as usual Cheater. i will get out there to have a paddle with you one of these days too. I have been to coronet bay a few times with the yak but never think to drop a message to meet up because its usually a last minute decision to go lol. I have caught a few nice fish out that way since i got my yak and it seems to make fishing sooo much easier than land based lol. still working on my idea of putting a home made seat with a better back support on it. but been taking it out regardless for short fishing trips.
When i get a better seat made that will support my back better i will go out for longer trips. Looking forward to when i can get out for whole days or whole night trips.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Good read cheater,sound's like a couple of nice day's out on the water mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bayman

Post by bayman » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Great report mate you made the most out of the windy weekend.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”