bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Yak to paddle baits out.

Post by bowl » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Trailer it is

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:07 pm

sloth wrote:Roof racks, yaks and bad backs never mix well unless you're considering some kind of loading system
A mate of mine bought this kayak loading system and has never regretted it, they are expensive but it has saved his back and its so much quicker to load and unload. Only problem is the price at over $900 plus shipping they aren't exactly cheap that's for sure.

http://www.roofracksuperstore.com.au/wa ... etail.aspx

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:03 pm

bowl wrote:Trailer it is

I use to car top my first Kayak a wavedance kingfisher but changed to a trailer for the ease of loading and unloading - it also saved droping salt water and sand on the car ( my first kayak transporter rusted badly around the wind screen and rear window ) most guys I know that roof rack there kayaks get this problem

after using a trailer I wouldn't go back to roof topping even though my kayaks are light enough to chuck up there

something else worth noting my back has never been better since taking up kayak paddling I use to be in the back crunchers at least 3 times a year for adjustments - I've only been in once or twice over the last 6 years I think due to strengthening of the core mussels from paddling

by the way paddling in the surf if thats where you wont to paddle baits out does take a few different skills to flat inclosed waters and it's easier getting out than getting in without taking a swim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyWN-lVVn3Y

above a day of practice at Inverloch surf beach
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Kayak Fishing”