kayak trip

daniel ogden

kayak trip

Post by daniel ogden » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and am also from nsw, however i cant help myself travelling to victoria as i find the bream fishing on lures (my favourite form of fishing), is just something more special in places like mallacoota and the likes, than Sydney. In early February of 2019 i plan to travel to victoria and fish some of the beautiful victorian bream fisheries. I only have experience with mallacoota which i have visited twice now and find a truly stunning destination not to mention the bream that inhabit it. Although this time i plan on travelling further with my kayak and that is where my question lies. Which fisheries would be most suited for me to catch some bream on my kayak taking into consideration i do not have a hobie or an electric motor. The ideal situation would be fishing hardbodies on the flats and also some snag fishing with plastics. Currently i have the bemm river and marlo in mind via mallacoota. Would these places be suitable for my idea or would the paddle needed be to far or the current to strong in these areas etc. Any responses would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to helping others in areas that i can also.

Thank you in advance,

Daniel Ogden

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: kayak trip

Post by Boonanza » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Welcome to the forum mate :thumbsup: I go up to Bemm River a couple of times a year and there is only 1 reason why. The Bream fishing is the best in Victoria in my opinion. Plenty of kayakers go there and plenty of different fishing options from the lake to river to the entrance all are fantastic to fish. There are plenty of youtube videos of the area and they have one of the bream championships there during the year as well.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

bilby

Post by bilby » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Don't forget about the excellent estuary perch fishing to be had in these locations, too. And for something not often associated with Victorian estuary fishing, there is some unbelievable big luderick fishing to be had around Marlo if you're into that sort of thing. I still remember losing a fish in the snags back in the '90s that would have been 55cm + easily, and have caught many over 45cm.

daniel ogden

Post by daniel ogden » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:01 pm

Thanks felas, appreciate the replies.

I will definitely not forget about the EP's as i love catching them. Bemm sounds like a definite stop and marlo doesnt sound to bad either.

Any other information would always be welcome.

Cheers fellas.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:19 pm

im guessing since you have fished coota you are familiar with blacks and how to target them..

as already mentioned Bemm and Marlo are you best bets. theres also Tamboon, located between coota and bemm which can also be a place to try.

be aware that bemm has no reception and fuel so keep that in mind.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:21 pm

When the entrance has opened recently I believe Lake tyers leaves everything for dead when it comes to Bream fishing. Sadly it hasn't opened for like 3 years and needs a solid flush out.

Do you guys get black bream in Sydney?

daniel ogden

Post by daniel ogden » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:38 pm

I am familiar with blacks ue to my previous mallacoota sessions but definitely dont have the techniques down pat yet as it is very different to the yellowfin we get in sydney and to answer your question, no we do not get blacks in sydney where i fish.

Lake tyers has also been on my radar and if it is opened to the entrance any time soon it will be high on my list for sure, and also tamboon as i have seen some monster bream photos out of tamboon.

Cheers again for the replies fellas, very helpful.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”