Surf Up ---

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Surf Up ---

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Well a small team of kayak adventurers hit up Inverloch Surf beach today for a non fishing practice day to help out with our surf launchs
with a few more of us looking off shore the easiest places to get to the fish normally are surf beachs - fishing kayaks are not surf boards by any means
and with out some practice in the surf will dump you in the water pretty quick

I think we all caught some waves - punched out through some waves - and fell off in some waves -- all in all quite a fun day and well worth the exersize
Jordo wrote:Bloody fantastic session!! I had no idea it was going to be that fun!!!
totally agree
choppers wrote:Angelo had fun he says he loves glass!! :lol:
and we enjoyed watching Angelo sometimes upright and sometimes upside down

Myself I was pretty happy how my prowler handled the day it is slow easy and comfortable to manage - even being hit side on with white water was fine
it does require some serious paddle bracing but it still handled well enough

I did try Eoins stealth ( fisha 500 ) and that was my undoing - it was easy to catch waves with but more care with what the front is doing on these things as soon as the bow digs in a bit they quickly turtle and I turtled it . and a small return swim after the rod leash broke and the yak got away

I think we will have to make another day of surfing it was damm good fun
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Surf Up ---

Post by Scraglor » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Sounds like some great experience Cheater, with a few laughs to boot!

Return to “Kayak Fishing”