kayak and dolphins

Toady king

kayak and dolphins

Post by Toady king » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:54 pm

something cool happen today in the kayak. as I was paddling in, I noticed 2 dolphins were about 5m from me. they seemed to be following me. but what I found really special was that when I turned to head into shore, the Dolphins popped right up in front of me, close enough to touch, it was as if it was trying to stop me from getting beached. my favourite part was when I was on shore they hung around and were swimming in less than a metre deep water for about a minute. something I'll always remember

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: kayak and dolphins

Post by Lightningx » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Definitely a memorable moment you will never forget :thumbsup:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:29 am

They are a very inquisitive animal I have had them many times off shore come to the boat circle us to check out what we are doing they turn on their side stick their head out and make eye contact.
You certainly had a great experience

Paul Foot

Post by Paul Foot » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:07 am

Does sound like a great experience, I have had them swim in front of me briefly but not hang around and personally I am more comfortable if large marine life of any sort stays away from my kayak.

willow17

Post by willow17 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Amazing animals and very cool experience indeed they seem so smart and interested in us.
I had a cool experience with a pod last winter surfing on the Surf Coast. I was with out with two other guys and a fin popped up about 15m infront, gave me the scare of my life until another 10 popped up right next to it. They swam up to us and did a few circles before catching a few waves. Something i won't forget.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:19 pm

I took my mate's jetski out off rye once and watched them feed on salmon under me. Awesome animals

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Yep mate an awesome sight. I've had them around me numerous times while fishing. I've even watched them "shovelling" with their noses as they herd the bait into position to eat them.
The only downside from my experience is it shuts the fishing down for a while until they disappear.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Return to “Kayak Fishing”