Just bought a kayak.

jason_bray

Just bought a kayak.

Post by jason_bray » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:33 pm

Recently just purchased a kayak. Just wondering if i was to launch from patterson lakes boat ramp fees would they still apply? Cheers :water:
I don't exaggerate... I just remember BIG.

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Post by Tim399 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Check out vyak.net, heaps of info on launch locations, safety, rigging and any other general kayak fishing info

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:14 pm

jason_bray wrote:Recently just purchased a kayak. Just wondering if i was to launch from patterson lakes boat ramp fees would they still apply? Cheers :water:
It will only apply if your Yak is on a trailer.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:17 am

Arent you still launching a yak tho?

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:01 am

smile0784 wrote:Arent you still launching a yak tho?
I think it is more of the trailer parking fee at some ramps they are concerned about, also you are not driving a car down the ramp. Some ramps you can slide a kayak in and others they want to charge you, trailer or not . eg fee for kayak regardless.

Keep in mind if you are getting a free launch give boaties a priority and dont fart about carrying your wheels back to car etc.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:04 am

laneends wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Arent you still launching a yak tho?
I think it is more of the trailer parking fee at some ramps they are concerned about, also you are not driving a car down the ramp. Some ramps you can slide a kayak in and others they want to charge you, trailer or not . eg fee for kayak regardless.

Keep in mind if you are getting a free launch give boaties a priority and dont fart about carrying your wheels back to car etc.
as Keith said depends on the ramp ie Olivers hill in Frankston with a trailer you pay but car topped you don't -- Corinella they try to charge you to launch at the ramp even if you walk the kayak there with out a car ( that why kayakers use the ferry ramp down the other way )
Warnett they with charge you to use the ramp to launch but not on the opposite side of the pier from the ramp on the beach even though we park our car and trailer in the ramp car park

it's a bit of learning who won'ts to sting us and for what - really if possible it's better for both kayakers and Boaties if we can launch away from the ramp - Boats have no option so launching off the beach where practical is not getting in there way -

it's a long time since I launched at Patto and I think I used a trailer with out getting charged but again I may have still been car topping it is quite a while ago
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:17 pm

At Werribee South, you can't (technically) drive your car to the ramp, unless you have a trailer.
The fee is more for parking as, there's nothing stopping you from launching and taking the car and trailer elsewhere. If it's busy, you may find that your bung plugs were loose.
Best way, read the signs, ALL OF THE SIGN, not just what you want to see. Make sure you understand it.
The above seems obvious, but, council's make a lot of money out of people who misread the signs. E.g. MCC = $14.5 million (net) all fines

Cheers Gra

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Then there trailers and registered boat trailers, and I think some ramps differentiate.

As mentioned earlier if you want advice as to kayak launch spots ask over at Vyak, someone will be able to help for specific spots.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:09 pm

Rick nailed it, no charge at patto if you're car topping.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Explore a.few ramps and see what works best for you

Return to “Kayak Fishing”