Just bought a kayak.

cobby
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2102
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Postby cobby » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:07 am

Lightningx wrote:
RoxLady wrote:oh, oh! Which one did you get? I just got my new baby - so excited. It's Advanced Elements but I bought it from Wild Earth Just look at it, so gorge! https://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/advanced-elements-air-fusion-evo-inflatable-kayak/AE1042-0. Super happy! Can't wait to try it out.
:super:

Nice purchase.
Enjoy :)


Joined, made post with link to a product not exactly suited to the general topics of the forum, disappears again 10 minutes later. And all at 3am... The old b******* radar is lighting up like a Christmas tree



Remove these ads.

User avatar
jason_bray
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:54 pm
Location: Cranbourne

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Postby jason_bray » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:26 pm

I don't exaggerate... I just remember BIG.

rb85
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 1856
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Postby rb85 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Looks good.

baitworms

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Postby baitworms » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:23 pm

All this seems not worth reporting a kayak in Port Phillip bay.
just make sure you have life insurance to support your family. which might not cover being stupid/life threatening action.
Its crazy stuff for what. Just crazy.

User avatar
Tim399
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Postby Tim399 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:44 pm

baitworms wrote:All this seems not worth reporting a kayak in Port Phillip bay.
just make sure you have life insurance to support your family. which might not cover being stupid/life threatening action.
Its crazy stuff for what. Just crazy.


not sure what you mean stupid/life threatening action?

baitworms

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Postby baitworms » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Tim399 wrote:
baitworms wrote:All this seems not worth reporting a kayak in Port Phillip bay.
just make sure you have life insurance to support your family. which might not cover being stupid/life threatening action.
Its crazy stuff for what. Just crazy.


not sure what you mean stupid/life threatening action?


Kayaks are not designed for Port Phillip Bay.
But for still water lakes rivers estuary.
What a salesman says and what it can do are worlds apart.
You get caught in one wind change your gone or somebody has to save your arse for a STUPID action.
just make sure you have a personnel erpib for body recovery.



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Tim399
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Postby Tim399 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:00 pm

you dont know what you are talking about.
and i do have an epirb - in case something does not go to plan. just as the many boaties on PPB do.

baitworms

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Postby baitworms » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Tim399 wrote:you dont know what you are talking about.
and i do have an epirb - in case something does not go to plan. just as the many boaties on PPB do.


OK body recovery is planned for but at what cost to your family.
Most people fishing on PPB have a 2.4 beam 5metre boat that can cop a wave,
Not sink on the first I metre wave.
Just think a wave 500 mm over the top that flattens you all extra's within the kayak sink.
And the water gets very cold very quick and you think, somebodies coming for you for being a nut.
8 mins at best your dead.
Why do you rely on other people for your crazy actions.
Last edited by baitworms on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tim399
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Postby Tim399 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:13 pm

no worries mate i wont bother arguing with someone that clearly has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

baitworms

Re: Just bought a kayak.

Postby baitworms » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:23 pm

Tim399 wrote:no worries mate i wont bother arguing with someone that clearly has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.


Oh dear another self denial.
WHY! me it could not happen.
To explain your fate.
I'm ex SES, ex Coast Guard volunteer.
No, I know nothing but saving you from your own stupid actions.



Remove these ads.


Return to “Kayak Fishing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests