kayak help

Fishsniper

kayak help

Post by Fishsniper » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm looking at a Kayak from Anaconda called the Lunar does anyone know of this brand or would you say that the longer the Kayak the more stable it would be?

Longshot

Re: kayak help

Post by Longshot » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Google it up, See if you can find any product reviews? Then have a talk to the guys on the VYak forum, they are normally really helpful. Length can mean it will tack straighter when paddling, but wont mean much on stability, as that tends to go on width and keel depth

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Fishsnipper wrote:I'm looking at a Kayak from Anaconda called the Lunar does anyone know of this brand or would you say that the longer the Kayak the more stable it would be?
Longshot wrote:Google it up, See if you can find any product reviews? Then have a talk to the guys on the VYak forum, they are normally really helpful. Length can mean it will tack straighter when paddling, but wont mean much on stability, as that tends to go on width and keel depth
as longshot has said longer normaly mean it will track straighter , this makes paddling easier as more effort goes into driving the yak foward no trying to keep it straight

my kayak is 4.1 meters long and I would have gone longer if Wavedance made a longer yak

and I cant say I know the brand or anyone that uses one
ask on Vyak someone may know about them
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Deejay

Post by Deejay » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:53 am

my kayak is 4.1 meters long and I would have gone longer if Wavedance made a longer yak

and I cant say I know the brand or anyone that uses one
ask on Vyak someone may know about them
double shot on Cheaters comments above. He and I own the same make and model of Wavedance yak. At 4.1mtrs the Kingfisher is long enough to track pretty straight and its wide enough to hold up in the swell and choppy waves, but I'd have gone longer if Wavedance made a longer yak too. There are a few Luna owners on VYAK so you'd probably get a review there somewhere mate.
Cheers Ray (aka DJ)
0422 63 64 65 - always interested in hitting PPB or WB with anyone fishing in a yak.

"it's 5 o'clock somewhere"

Return to “Kayak Fishing”