Re: Telescopic rods

Post by rogs » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:09 am

Got one almost 10 years ago still never get wet Bangg

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:32 am

Scraglor wrote:
sloth wrote:I've caught heaps of bream on a daiwa sweepfire telescopic. Fits in my work bag with nothing poking out and goes with me to the docklands office. What more could I ask for ?
I have a 4 piece Daiwa Sweepfire that I am happy with when I travel for work.
Im looking for a travel rod and ofcourse this being a daiwa one I now have to look into it. Have you got any pics? Ive never seen one before.
I have used telescope rods before. They aren't that bad for what they are designed to do. But id rather a travel rod than the telescopic.
Cheers

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:02 am

A mate of mine has recently purchased a Pflueger setup rod reel and a few odds and ends in a plastic carry case. Was not cheap

Fredfillis

Post by Fredfillis » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:57 pm

Aldi has a Shimano combo going for $19.99 down from $39.99. Bought 2 today just to keep in the car. Eclipse Lumo. Haven't opened them up yet, might be crap but for $20, hey.

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:05 pm

I've had a similar rod for many years, keep within their limits and you wont have a problem.

Mishachief

Post by Mishachief » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:59 pm

yes.. my dad always used a little telescopic to very good result..... i recently purchased this rod by THKFISH $40 Ebay.. i liked the runners on it compared to some other rods that looked a little dodgy runner wise. the 1st and 2nd runner from the tip..arnt fixed to the rod.. but slide back to grip in position.. has a fast action.... but i feel will do well as a whiting, trout, travel rod for my purposes... takes a 1000/2500 reel 6-12lbs line.
Attachments
thkfish2.jpg
thkfish2.jpg (50.13 KiB) Viewed 583 times
♥♥♥ Life's a Beach, So Go Fishing! ♥♥♥

azkay

Post by azkay » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:59 pm

I always like to carry a spare combo & the more compact the better so i experimented with telescopic a while ago. Never gave me any confidence though, i hate it when the guides slip & overall it felt as though at any given moment it was ready to snap.. I then purchased a 9' Shimano Beastmaster 4 piece travel rod, couldn't be happier with it.. Paired with a 4000 Shimano Reel, running 20lb braid, it's passed the test for me every time so far..
Az.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”