Re: Shimano Stella!

Post by Kimtown » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Texas wrote:No wonder I can't catch any fish
My dearest reel was $50, 10 years ago & it's still going strong
My cars not worth $1,000, (maybe just)
Poor
Gra
It's ok m8 it's a bit of a wankfest reel anyhow

They are mostly for sponsored rich folk like PW and dickheads who believe they are godsgift to fishing and need all the top shelf gear, like brendan wing.

(No offense to all the people on here who use them, but this is the view of all us poor bastards who will never be able to afford them :o_0: )

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Texas wrote:No wonder I can't catch any fish
My dearest reel was $50, 10 years ago & it's still going strong
My cars not worth $1,000, (maybe just)
Poor
Gra
It's ok m8 it's a bit of a wankfest reel anyhow

(No offense to all the people on here who use them, but this is the view of all us poor bastards who will never be able to afford them :o_0: )
:a_goodjob: Lol, I feel the same about those who drive mercs, beamers and audis! Or "wank tanks" as I call em.

Personally, I'll never own a Stella. Not really interested. Plenty of great quality reels out there that will easily keep up, and probably keep on going, for a quarter of the price.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Guess they have their purpose game fish on Spin Gear catching GT's etc for local fishing in the bays etc it would be completely unnecessary.
If I was trying ti catch marlin on spin gear, stickbait for big tuna or popper for GT's I would consider a Stella.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:40 pm

would grab one in a heartbeat and a twinpower if money permitted do the fish know what reel your got nope but jeez they feel fantastic

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:28 pm

You can't really say its a wank thing because hardly anyone sees you using them and the girls wouldn't know the difference..

It's purely for your own satisfaction. Like many have said, you don't need them to catch fish but they feel and work bloody beautifully.

I say, if you can afford it and want it.. why not.

Anth

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:04 am

Sinsemilla wrote:You can't really say its a wank thing because hardly anyone sees you using them and the girls wouldn't know the difference..

It's purely for your own satisfaction. Like many have said, you don't need them to catch fish but they feel and work bloody beautifully.

Anth
When guys pull out of corinella ramp with 6 stellas on terez rods hanging out the top of rocket launchers after a day of catching elephant sharks and eagle rays, I say that's a wank thing

:rofl:

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:23 am

scott__henning wrote:.....................

Worth every cent IMO
No doubt for the fishing you do Scott!
Kimtown wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:You can't really say its a wank thing because hardly anyone sees you using them and the girls wouldn't know the difference..

Anth
When guys pull out of corinella ramp with 6 stellas on terez rods hanging out the top of rocket launchers after a day of catching elephant sharks and eagle rays, I say that's a wank thing

Have you seen this often?

Mazman...what styling do you like? I assume you are talking about appearance? I have never been too concerned about the looks of a reel except way back when I used to chase trout. Some reels were very 'flashy' and I did not like them as I wondered if the sunlight reflecting of the shiny bits may spook the fish....so I would cover over the shiny bits.
cheers
Team Bender
Thinking there is more than one 'wank' thing going on here!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 am

Kimtown wrote:

Anth

what does it matter to you mate? why think differently just because they were using expensive gear to catch fish?
im guessing you have never used an expensive reel ever? saragossa doesnt count btw. and their drags would feel like ass compared to the stellas even if it was just eagle rays at the other end.
and to the other muppet who thinks audi, BMW and merc owner/drivers are wanksters, then you just basically called most europeans wankers...
thats like also saying everyone who drives a Holden or ford here are Bogan Muppets wtf man seriously!!!!

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:30 am

If you can afford top tier tackle then buy it ! Why bag people because you can't afford or don't want something ?

If you want to be constructive then put up a comparison between a stella and a jarvis walker or a BMW against a Vx commodore.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:55 am

Jim the body of the exist doesn't look good at all to me, the Stella is an improvement in that aspect but far too flashy for me, I much prefer something a bit more subtle. In saying that looks are definitely personal preference.

Everytime someone brings up expensive gear on here there's a bunch of people who come along and say you don't need them, they're a wank etc. Accept that some guys have got the money to spend and fishing is where they choose to spend it. In the scheme of things a rack of Stella's and terezs, say they got them on special at 1k a combo (also a really convenient number for me) 8 setups for an entire two man spread is 8k sounds like a lot of money but when you look at the boat, tow vehicle, electronics on a lot of these setups its really not that much. And if the guy who's using them likes using them it doesn't really matter.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”