Daiwa Exist OR Shimano Stella ??

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Daiwa Exist OR Shimano Stella ??

Post by ducky » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:58 am

You'd be surprised what you can do with a small reel when you load it with good stuff. I fish 3-4kg of drag as a standard on my 2500 reels whilst Jew fishing.

When I first fished with a few mates was running about 1kg of drag and copped heaps of stick about running fag drag. 20lb braid and 20lb leader will hold up well and truly to it. Can really put the hurt on fish with the little stuff still.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:53 pm

Think we are all taken for a ride IMHO. Reckon JT is just stirring the pot up a little bit - not even bother to reply back to Rod Bender's queries.

Only way those two reels are in my arsenal will be my numbers popping up this coming Thursday .. fingers and toes are crossed!!!!!

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Booya

Post by Booya » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Exist drag is overrated, run 7kg on them you'll see line roller sticking to your spool. Stella is better when fish for heavier fish far more rigid. I have used most high end and open them up, the difference between luvias and exist is gear quality and more bearings in that you can increase bearing count of luvias to what exist have. As for certate, it is built to have a more rigid shaft with bearings which what morethan has too. The advantage of exist over stella fe will be the precision cut they have delivering minimum play on reel tho stellas requires less power to turn. Even though it is nice to have high end reel, i still use my lower end model when I'm not too comfortable using higher end reel, difference isn't all that much on hand. I'd rather be comfortable with what I fish with than stressing over strangers destroying my higher end gear at times.

Ps. Trauma from Having stranger ran over my high end combo with bike before :(

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:15 pm

Earlier stellas were very good the new ones not so much.

I have a Ci4 3000 which is good but there is not doubt the Certate is a better reel but a bucket load more money.

Re drag on small reels whilst you would never use 7kg that they are often rated too higher drag rating is an indication of the strength of the body and how smooth the reel will remain when loaded up to normal working drag of 2-4kg.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:35 pm

Forget them all and buy a Rarenium

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Fishsniper wrote:Forget them all and buy a Rarenium
What is the difference other than gear ratio to a Stradic Ci4?

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:22 pm

dONT REALLY KNOW EXCEPT THAT THE RAREANIUM IS THE NEXT LEVEL UP FROM CI4, I HAVE ONE OF EACH AND THE ONLY DIFFERENCE I COULD SEE IS THAT THE RAREANIUM HAS A SMOOTHER DRAG ONCE YOU HAVE A DECENT FISH ON

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Not really a level higher but released more recently, next stradic ci4 should over take the rareium's. IMO you should pick the one that has the ratio that suits you best.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Rareiums have the slower gear ratio and come with a spare spool where as the stradic doesn't (the first gen did, haven't checked the latest)

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:58 pm

cobby wrote:Rareiums have the slower gear ratio and come with a spare spool where as the stradic doesn't (the first gen did, haven't checked the latest)
My Stradic ci4+ didn't have a spare spool. I was a bit dirty about that tbh. I love the reel, would be nice to have a 6lb and a 10lb ready to go tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”