Shimano Stella

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Re: Shimano Stella

Post by VooDoo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Broomstick wrote:Alex makes a good point. We al fish for enjoyment, nice gear = increased enjoyment.
Voodoo, was Stella blessed with nice knobs for better handling and enjoyment?
Bugger if I know FC .. couldn't afford the price tag she demanded .. was young and broke at the time but from the look of it .. she had all the nice knobs and i am sure she is a smooth operator - heard from many whom have done her she was very good on every outing they took her with them :)

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:52 pm

blacklab99 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
Broomstick wrote:Alex makes a good point. We al fish for enjoyment, nice gear = increased enjoyment.
Voodoo, was Stella blessed with nice knobs for better handling and enjoyment?
As previously mentioned cador, the bottom line was that VooDoo was just to damn tight to treat her the way she needed to be !
All he wanted was to have stella by his side, for pure " look what I got" syndrome !
The $1000 was a small price to pay for the experience, but it was like getting a pin up his ar@e with a sledge hammer, he missed out !
He still goes on and on about it ! just wont let it go !
......but yes cador, she was smooth with all the knobs beautifully placed :a_goodjob:

Now get the hell over it VooDoo, if you want the experience, blow those cobwebs off your wallet !
LOL Blacklab :)

I am very happy with See Ei Fo and her cousin Effie Jay but may have to bite the bullet, dust off the cobwebs from the wallet and fork out the kaching$ to experience the increase enjoyment when dating Stella in the near future!!

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 pm

4liters wrote:
cobby wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:Braid for $200?
Only if it magically fits 1000m on a 2500... Ocea isn't cheap, but it's not that bloody expensive
Compleat Angler might give it a nudge
Not if it's one of ca's famous and regular sale times!

It's $115-$140 regularly depending where you shop for 300m (pe1-pe2.5) or 400m (pe3-pe7). A 2500 Shimano fits roughly 160m of pe1 braid. Pe1 in Ocea is the 18lb old mate is on about. So even accounting for 2/3rds of the spool gone onto the reel it's still only ~$70 worth of braid IF it's bnib, and rightfully less if it's used. And ocea is metered, while it looks cool on a spool with it's 5 different colours it's a pain in the arse at times to actually see the line in certain conditions

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:38 am

rb85 wrote: Yepi you have to remember I was asked a question and I answered it. It was a general response I was not talking about every individual persons circumstance.

The second part you couldn't be more wrong Im always happy to help others at the ramp having even delayed my own trips to help older solo anglers get their boats back on the trailer. Wouldn't normally mention that but it's not great to have to defend your character by assumptions made by people because they don't like your forthright opinions.

Good to hear mate, thats the way it should be!

Not meant as a personal attack, just an observation. I wouldn't attempt to judge someone just on what they write on the internet anyway.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:47 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
rb85 wrote: Yepi you have to remember I was asked a question and I answered it. It was a general response I was not talking about every individual persons circumstance.

The second part you couldn't be more wrong Im always happy to help others at the ramp having even delayed my own trips to help older solo anglers get their boats back on the trailer. Wouldn't normally mention that but it's not great to have to defend your character by assumptions made by people because they don't like your forthright opinions.

Good to hear mate, thats the way it should be!

Not meant as a personal attack, just an observation. I wouldn't attempt to judge someone just on what they write on the internet anyway.
All good. :-D

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”