saragosa

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: saragosa

Post by dazz999 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Bayrock wrote:I have a 5k couldn't be more happy with it workhorse of a reel.

I caught a 37kg yellowfin tuna on a Gosa 6k and PE2 in in Vanuatu, it grabbed a skipjack I hooked on a tiny spoon and hooked itself, we were chasing skippies to use as bait on the big outfits to chase doggies. Soon as I hooked it the guide said big tuna it'll be off in a minute.
Took me 3 hours of hard careful fight but I won in the end. Here's the vid on youtube.

At the end you'll see some of the other big tunas I had on 20k Gosa and poppers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hY9hX8o1zI
mighty effort well done

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Top reels for $$.

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Fun fact the Spheros is apparently identical to the Gosa on the inside and significantly cheaper. Also very tough reels, very popular in south africa for heavy surf fishing and they get huge mulloway and garrick on them

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:18 am

cobby wrote:Top reels for $$.
Whats a good price for one??

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 am

Around $200 for the 5k

HoaM

Post by HoaM » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:52 am

I have the 6k, can't go wrong. Never felt so confident with a fish at the end of the line with this reel. When a fish is on, you will be like yep im landing this fish lol. motackle is having 15% off, pretty good deal unlike bcf 20% off lol. Bought my from dinga with a bunch of freebies..

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:37 am

barra mick wrote:
cobby wrote:Top reels for $$.
Whats a good price for one??
$250 plus depending on size. Hunt around and you'll get one a bit cheaper again

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:42 am

has anyone here got both a Saragossa and a BG, keen to see how they both stack up, as id say they are in a similar category usage and $$ wise..
(ps not wanting to start ww3 here, ill leave that to trump and kim)

azkay

Post by azkay » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:07 pm

purple5ive wrote:has anyone here got both a Saragossa and a BG, keen to see how they both stack up, as id say they are in a similar category usage and $$ wise..
Don't have a saragosa so my input might be irrelevant but i do have a BG 4500 and its growse.. Would highly recommend it to anyone in that price bracket, the drag is super smooth, reel back in is effortless and casts well. I currently have it paired with an 11' medium Daiwa Crosscast. It's running 60lb Saltiga Braid holding i think about 250m with 1 line of mono underlay, been fishing off rocks lately for Pinkies/Snapper, awesome combo, great feel.. I've always known Saragosa to be a boat reel.
Az.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:14 pm

azkay wrote:
purple5ive wrote:has anyone here got both a Saragossa and a BG, keen to see how they both stack up, as id say they are in a similar category usage and $$ wise..
Don't have a saragosa so my input might be irrelevant but i do have a BG 4500 and its growse.. Would highly recommend it to anyone in that price bracket, the drag is super smooth, reel back in is effortless and casts well. I currently have it paired with an 11' medium Daiwa Crosscast. It's running 60lb Saltiga Braid holding i think about 250m with 1 line of mono underlay, been fishing off rocks lately for Pinkies/Snapper, awesome combo, great feel.. I've always known Saragosa to be a boat reel.
Thanks man, i have 2 BGs in 4000 and 6500 (yet to test it on anything good though) i just wanted to see what someone who owned both had to say, just so they had a direct comparison.
im quite happy with the BG reels as well, but looking for another 4500 sized reel so i though id look at the Saragossa as well.
cheers

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”