saragosa

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: saragosa

Post by Basti » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:13 pm

steve, i've got a 3k bg and a 5k gosa. i'd go the gosa everytime if the price was the same but it's $170 vs $250. the difference is there in my opinion but not as much as the price difference indicates. keep in mind, the bigger BG reels could be very different beasts to the 3k.

mooneyz

Post by mooneyz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Hey purp own a few saragosas and have used the BG. Both very nice reels but the BG 5000 I would say is the closest size to the saragosa 10000. I prefer the saragosa just because Ive used it more often and feels better i the hand although it doesnt feel as smooth as a BG (only very slightly), its a beast and i can drop it in sand and not worry bout it.

Specs show more drag power on the Saragosa also and alanhawk rates it much higher than a BG.

Ps to the OP. Look at the 6k Saragosa as its virtually the same thing with deeper spool

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Basti wrote:steve, i've got a 3k bg and a 5k gosa. i'd go the gosa everytime if the price was the same but it's $170 vs $250. the difference is there in my opinion but not as much as the price difference indicates. keep in mind, the bigger BG reels could be very different beasts to the 3k.
cheers man, yeah wanted some comparisons from people who have used Both.

the BG 4500 and up have a different antireverse mechanism, aka no lever for antireverse, so constant antireverse. apart from that i dont know what the difference is internally

170 vs 250 is quite a differnce, didnt think they were that much more expensive..

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:00 pm

mooneyz wrote:Hey purp own a few saragosas and have used the BG. Both very nice reels but the BG 5000 I would say is the closest size to the saragosa 10000. I prefer the saragosa just because Ive used it more often and feels better i the hand although it doesnt feel as smooth as a BG (only very slightly), its a beast and i can drop it in sand and not worry bout it.

Specs show more drag power on the Saragosa also and alanhawk rates it much higher than a BG.
l
Thanks man
Smoothness being slightly better in the BG isnt a be all and end all i guess, i know the drag stacks on the BG are carbon and they are nice and smooth.
plus no magseal means its ideal for thrashing around and abused.
Having more drag is a good feature but i doubt you want to use that much drag, i for certain will be water skiing if i locked up on 20kg drag

cheers

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Ottos..
Attachments
Screenshot_20170920-153520.jpg

Basti

Post by Basti » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:38 pm

have a read of alan hawk's blog. he's done reviews of both reels (actually a spheros but it's pretty much the same reel minus a bearing or two). the first half of the spheros review is a (justified) rant on shimano's dodgy advertising.

edit: thats frigging cheap FC

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:29 pm

I wasn't aware the spheros and saragossa are the same reel..
i skimmed through the reviiw and thers not much there that's saying that he prefer it to a BG..
but the fact that its a fully sealed reel is definitely a major bonus

Fc that price is the same as BG so definitely a contender for sure..

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Tbe 5000 ,6000 and 10000.....is there much differance in drag and line capacity.

Cheers bm

Basti

Post by Basti » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:18 pm

purple5ive wrote:I wasn't aware the spheros and saragossa are the same reel..
i skimmed through the reviiw and thers not much there that's saying that he prefer it to a BG..
but the fact that its a fully sealed reel is definitely a major bonus

Fc that price is the same as BG so definitely a contender for sure..
similar to BG/saltist. Same platform, just small upspeccing here and there. Biomaster is a tricked out gosa (lighter etc). Alan Hawk doesn't do a direct comparo but he's got his "best of" lists which you can have a look at. http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/lists.html

In the end it's personal preference. I like my gosa. I also like my bg. different size reels for different purposes

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Same same. BG is slightly smoother but the gosa feels better balanced on identical rods, it fits better in the hand too and feels more blue collar than bling. No magseal is a bonus.

I've got 400m of 55lb Saltiga Boat braid ontop of around 20m of 50lb mono on my 10k gosa Bm. Specs are 15kg drag, only once have I had it near lock and I just about ripped my shoulder apart. The 5k and 6k are 10kg drag and expect just under half the line capacity of the 10k. The 10 is perfect for kings and school tuna, the 5k being almost 50gm lighter than a 6k and over 100gm lighter than a 10k suits a 5-10kg stick aimed at throwing plastics at Barra, big snapper or kings or light-medium jigging. If I needed more gosas I'd jump at the price FC put up, it's a bargain

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”