Shimano Stella!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Shimano Stella!

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:11 am

Sinsemilla wrote:You can't really say its a wank thing because hardly anyone sees you using them and the girls wouldn't know the difference..

It's purely for your own satisfaction. Like many have said, you don't need them to catch fish but they feel and work bloody beautifully.

I say, if you can afford it and want it.. why not.

Anth
Girls will never know the difference..

I will fiddle with Stella's knob all day.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:48 am

Fish-cador wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:You can't really say its a wank thing because hardly anyone sees you using them and the girls wouldn't know the difference..

It's purely for your own satisfaction. Like many have said, you don't need them to catch fish but they feel and work bloody beautifully.

Anth

Is that Stella that roams Bangla rd in Phuket Fish-cador?? ;)

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:16 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:

Anth

Looks like you are a Phuket resident. Lol. No mate...bangcock. i meant bangkok

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:25 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:

Anth

I think he’s talking about Stella (formally Wayne) from Grey St St Kilda

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:27 am

Fish-cador wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:

Anth

Looks like you are a Phuket resident. Lol. No mate...bangcock. i meant bangkok
Oh how i wish! I've heard Pataya has a few also..

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:32 am

Nightwish wrote:Don't we all buy the best gear we can afford at the time being either rods,reels,line,lures,boats or whatever.
lf it makes you happy who gives a f**k.
:cheers:
Agree, it's all I ever do, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

hanboy
Has liked: 3 times

Post by hanboy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:16 am

April Fool wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Just read all the posts

Lol.. so many precious souls on here!
Yeah...some people need to WOKE up to themselves!

Purple Durple...some of the comments here would be half hearted. I wouldn't worry about it too much. There will be some haters...and some harmless stirrers who get mixed up in it all!

Anyway, does anyone use a stella or an exist for freshwater applications? Totally unwarranted I know but who cares!
cheers
Team Sh!tmano
Daiwa sucks!

I do use a stella for freshwater applications. IMO you don't really need one for that, and got by with much less for most of my fishing life but I had a 3000 gifted to me for my 30th.

I have a few for saltwater, but I do go offshore for the GT popping trips in Vanuatu, PNG, Coral Sea etc. And I did pick most of them up second hand, but to me I guess it's worth it. I still drive a shitbox but that's where I choose to spend my money.

TBH, you can land a fish on almost anything, and I would go as far to say as you can land 80% of fish out there on any gear, but if I've travelled all the way with flights and boats and all that jazz I want to give myself the best possible chance to land the remaining 20%.

Lesson was learnt on my first ever Vanuatu trip I went with a sustain and a saragosa, thinking that that would be sufficient, but the sustain drag (fully locked down) could not stop many of the fish at all and the saragosa rotor shaft stopped moving the spool up and down to get the line lay after a 20kg coral trout (not even a big GT or Dogtooth tuna). And if you're out on a liveaboard there is nowhere to get it fixed or to get a new reel. So there's that. I do know many people personally who use these reels regularly with no issue, but I guess I've just developed a bit of a trust issue now. :rofl:

Question is, do you want to lose a fish of a lifetime on a trip of a lifetime because of gear failure? But again, that's just me. Nobody really NEEDS a Stella, but I'm sure almost everyone secretly wants one. :P Listening to Stella scream is something else. ;-)

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 am

hanboy wrote:
April Fool wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Just read all the posts

Lol.. so many precious souls on here!
Yeah...some people need to WOKE up to themselves!

Purple Durple...some of the comments here would be half hearted. I wouldn't worry about it too much. There will be some haters...and some harmless stirrers who get mixed up in it all!

Anyway, does anyone use a stella or an exist for freshwater applications? Totally unwarranted I know but who cares!
cheers
Team Sh!tmano
Daiwa sucks!

I do use a stella for freshwater applications. IMO you don't really need one for that, and got by with much less for most of my fishing life but I had a 3000 gifted to me for my 30th.

I have a few for saltwater, but I do go offshore for the GT popping trips in Vanuatu, PNG, Coral Sea etc. And I did pick most of them up second hand, but to me I guess it's worth it. I still drive a shitbox but that's where I choose to spend my money.

TBH, you can land a fish on almost anything, and I would go as far to say as you can land 80% of fish out there on any gear, but if I've travelled all the way with flights and boats and all that jazz I want to give myself the best possible chance to land the remaining 20%.

Lesson was learnt on my first ever Vanuatu trip I went with a sustain and a saragosa, thinking that that would be sufficient, but the sustain drag (fully locked down) could not stop many of the fish at all and the saragosa rotor shaft stopped moving the spool up and down to get the line lay after a 20kg coral trout (not even a big GT or Dogtooth tuna). And if you're out on a liveaboard there is nowhere to get it fixed or to get a new reel. So there's that. I do know many people personally who use these reels regularly with no issue, but I guess I've just developed a bit of a trust issue now. :rofl:

Question is, do you want to lose a fish of a lifetime on a trip of a lifetime because of gear failure? But again, that's just me. Nobody really NEEDS a Stella, but I'm sure almost everyone secretly wants one. :P Listening to Stella scream is something else. ;-)
Good post mate

always good to hear the thoughts of someone who's objective and not bias. While I agree they aren't necessary I also agree that everyone (including myself, shhh) secretly wants one.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”