Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Rod or reel?

Post by Mattblack » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
hornet wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
hornet wrote:
Mattblack wrote:Depends on what your fishing for, but as a general rule I spend about the same amount on the rod as I do on the reel I'm matching it with (so I guess I rate them equally). I prefer shopping for reels because they are fun to play with in the shop.... and I only buy when things are discounted (full retail is for chumps)
The guys at my local BCF go running when they see me coming, I'm the guy that waves all the rods in the air checking out the action, whilst in the process of checking the action all the other rods in the overhead racks getting tangled and falling down ! ... they love me :rofl:
And this is why I never buy rods from bcf anaconda etc!
Hey the glass rods will be ok dunno about the graphite ones ! :rofl:
Definitely not the graphite ones! I've bought a couple cheapish graphite shimano rods in the past from bcf and they both snapped under light pressure. I put it down to 1. Being shimano.. :P and 2. They have been knocked around a bit instore giving them weak spots.
....and today I learnt, "don't buy off the rack, get one from out the back"

Sinsemilla

Re: Rod or reel?

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
hornet wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
hornet wrote:
The guys at my local BCF go running when they see me coming, I'm the guy that waves all the rods in the air checking out the action, whilst in the process of checking the action all the other rods in the overhead racks getting tangled and falling down ! ... they love me :rofl:
And this is why I never buy rods from bcf anaconda etc!
Hey the glass rods will be ok dunno about the graphite ones ! :rofl:
Definitely not the graphite ones! I've bought a couple cheapish graphite shimano rods in the past from bcf and they both snapped under light pressure. I put it down to 1. Being shimano.. :P and 2. They have been knocked around a bit instore giving them weak spots.
....and today I learnt, "don't buy off the rack, get one from out the back"
Never buy the ones off the rack! Even reels. Who knows if they have been dropped or mucked around with. Always get the ones in the box that haven't been opened yet

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”