smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Re: Swimbait rods hit the half kg mark!

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
April Fool wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:That Carl Jocumson blokes talk was good but you could really tell half way through it was to push rods and lures they want and will sell.

I have no doubt there is a marketing aspect to it all but I also think it is a craze that has taken hold. Then the marketing you speak of comes into play as people are snapping up bigger and 'better' things so every company wants their share. The lure that Carl had...worth $600...did he say what brand it was? I don't think he did and that tells me it was not all about marketing.
He said it was custom made by a friend.

I guess they can do whatever they want and sell whatever they want and if people want to buy into it, it's completely up to them.

As a person who recently lost a swimbait and reordered the exact same lure within a week, I have succumbed to the new craze. :rofl:
Man it sucks losing expensive lures.. Did you get a fish on it before you lost it? It hurts more when you don't!

I mean them talking about even bigger gear than the swimbait gear thats just come out. Throwing 3 to 4lb lures! It's crazy.

It was a fishless virgin. Frayed FG knot gave way in a storm
RIP
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:34 pm

smokin_reels wrote:It was a fishless virgin. Frayed FG knot gave way in a storm
RIP
Damn..

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:08 pm

The rods have arrived in a local tackle store! They are priced around the $560 mark. I honestly thought they would be more.

They are two piece and separate above the butt. It comes with 2 butts...both have split grips. There is no grip above the reel seat. Despite its cast weight capability, it is a lightweight rod for its size. Unless I get an urge to purchase 0.5 kg lures and start using steroids, I may stick with my Samaki.
Cheers
Team Bender
Are steroids banned in fishing comps?

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Just touching on that subject. I've recently been using an 80lb Assassin with 150g+ lures targeting kings. The rod is super light weight and i'm in pretty good shape but god damn this is exhausting. Does anyone else actually do spin specific conditioning and if so what kind?
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:49 pm

DougieK wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:16 pm
Just touching on that subject. I've recently been using an 80lb Assassin with 150g+ lures targeting kings. The rod is super light weight and i'm in pretty good shape but god damn this is exhausting. Does anyone else actually do spin specific conditioning and if so what kind?
Hey Dougie ever thought about using a high powered sling shot for getting your heavy lures out ?

I just invented it after reading you said it's hard work !

Now there just might be a niche market for a new product for heavy lure throwers ? ....
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:29 pm

DougieK wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:16 pm
I've been doing crossfit and lots of cardio for an upcoming trip to Angola. Lost 5kg so far, I actually can't lose anymore, so I will shift to weights (upper body, back, core strength work and shoulders) now and reduce the cardio to 30km mountainbike 2 x week. It's the constant casting that is a killer, in 2005 I had a trip chasing GT's off the beach in Mozambique, casting large poppers and stick baits in 40C heat and close to 100% humidity had me floored after 3 days, thankfully the weather turned foul and I could take a rest day

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”