Ebay win tonight bargain or POS

Al03

Re: Ebay win tonight bargain or POS

Post by Al03 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Was using Abu 7000"S last week and realised that my thumb was pretty much touching the spool immediately after casting. Must of been a habit I picked up after countless bird nests. Beauty of this habit is that fishing at night when you can't see your rig, enables you to clamp down on the spool BEFORE the rig hits the drink. Reckon it must cut down on distance somewhat, but you develop a sixth sense with your casting about when the rig will hit the drink. Has taken years of practice and thousands of casts but I still get over runs occasionally.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Ebay win tonight bargain or POS

Post by Sebb » Mon May 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Al03 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 4:12 pm
Was using Abu 7000"S last week and realised that my thumb was pretty much touching the spool immediately after casting. Must of been a habit I picked up after countless bird nests. Beauty of this habit is that fishing at night when you can't see your rig, enables you to clamp down on the spool BEFORE the rig hits the drink. Reckon it must cut down on distance somewhat, but you develop a sixth sense with your casting about when the rig will hit the drink. Has taken years of practice and thousands of casts but I still get over runs occasionally.
I know some baitcast enthusiasts practice casting using the rubber weight the day before the fishing day. The weight of the rubber is the same as the lure weight they use the next day. So they get use to it. Developing this sixth sense.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”