The new Stradic......

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: The new Stradic......

Post by cobby » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:48 am

Tackleberry wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:45 pm
Narh I got my biomaster from JDM and the stradics like the bio you can pick your ratio as well it is just typical the au market sucks .
Pitty as I would rather buy here in oz .
We don't get the Stradic SW over here where the PG option is available. The standard JDM 5k Stradic is also a HG model the same as we get here.

colnick
Has liked: 37 times

Post by colnick » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Good day
I'm about to ask a really uneducated question. Why is a high gear ratio such a drawback. Can't you just wind slower?
(I'm sure there's an obvious reason so I'm interested to find out).

Cheers, Col.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:20 pm

colnick wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:37 pm
Good day
I'm about to ask a really uneducated question. Why is a high gear ratio such a drawback. Can't you just wind slower?

Cheers, Col.
Lower gear ratios offer more torque when fighting large fish and where raw line retrieval per handle turn aren't necessary. A 2 speed Tiagra will be 3.2:1 and 1.3:1 (not exact but you get the idea) where you'll settle in to a dogfight in the lower ratio.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:41 pm

cobby wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:20 pm
colnick wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:37 pm
Good day

Cheers, Col.
Lower gear ratios offer more torque when fighting large fish and where raw line retrieval per handle turn aren't necessary. A 2 speed Tiagra will be 3.2:1 and 1.3:1 (not exact but you get the idea) where you'll settle in to a dogfight in the lower ratio.

colnick, I was thinking the same "uneducated" question, and assumed it was for lure fishing (wrightly or rongly)

but

Thanks cobby, that explained it well

Cheers, Bug , , , , who is more educated with reels now, so more likely to whinge about my reels :(

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Post by Tackleberry » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Yeah that's it I use these 5000 size reels for snapper and I have used the 6.1stradic and the biomaster 4.8 And it is a lot easier fishing with the lower gear ratio , that and the higher ratio will wear the gears quicker with the more stress it inparts on everything .
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:46 pm

Tackleberry wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:40 pm
Yeah that's it I use these 5000 size reels for snapper and I have used the 6.1stradic and the biomaster 4.8 And it is a lot easier fishing with the lower gear ratio , that and the higher ratio will wear the gears quicker with the more stress it inparts on everything .
Hey Tac, I now know what you are talking about , , , , this Forum is Un-Dumbing me :-D

colnick
Has liked: 37 times

Post by colnick » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:58 pm

Thanks for the explanation fellas. Sorry for the delayed acknowledgement. Been watching the footy.

Col.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”