matari
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Potential lure fishing setup

Post by matari » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:12 am

croe04 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:53 pm
Aaron75 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:05 pm
Don't skimp on the braid - a lot of people invest in a nice rod & reel for lure fishing but can't cast because they buy cheap braid. IMO a $50 Sienna reel with $50 braid on it will perform much better than a $100 reel with cheap braid.
For sure. I was gonna go with some j-braid 8x or j-braid grand, my other setups run less expensive stuff but I feel like better braid would be appropriate for the combo.
Really wouldn't go for j braid if i was you. Sunline siglon is good and tasline is great. I don't really do the fishing you will be doing so cant comment on the reels but i've tried so many lines lately and i've always ended up back at tasline.
Cheers Matari

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:44 am

2500 in the daiwa LT size will be plenty for plastics fishing in the bay no worries..
Just spend some extra and get something better than the aird though.
Sienna is heavy.
If I were you I would have bought one of the stradics that mazman was selling on here.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:06 am

purple5ive wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:44 am
2500 in the daiwa LT size will be plenty for plastics fishing in the bay no worries..
Just spend some extra and get something better than the aird though.
Sienna is heavy.
If I were you I would have bought one of the stradics that mazman was selling on here.
Agree with Purple.
I love my Freams LT and Caldia LT.

There's Aird LT, though it can do the job, it's not the best, wont last as long as some other reels with few more $. Sienna probably better but also heavier.
At discounted price, Freams lt can go down to around $180.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:12 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:06 am
Agree with Purple.
I love my Freams LT and Caldia LT.

There's Aird LT, though it can do the job, it's not the best, wont last as long as some other reels with few more $. Sienna probably better but also heavier.
At discounted price, Freams lt can go down to around $180.
aird lt was the one I was looking at but as many have said its not a great reel, so i'm probably gonna go for the legalis which i've found for only a fraction more expensive and seems to be much better. more than ~115 bucks it out of my budget right now, maybe later on.

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Maz is selling his ci4+ stradic,
I’m sure it’s well taken care off. Might be something to consider.

I picked up another one of his reels too
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

ronan
Has liked: 91 times

Post by ronan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:20 pm

matari wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:12 am
croe04 wrote:
Aaron75 wrote:
Don't skimp on the braid - a lot of people invest in a nice rod & reel for lure fishing but can't cast because they buy cheap braid. IMO a $50 Sienna reel with $50 braid on it will perform much better than a $100 reel with cheap braid.
For sure. I was gonna go with some j-braid 8x or j-braid grand, my other setups run less expensive stuff but I feel like better braid would be appropriate for the combo.
Really wouldn't go for j braid if i was you. Sunline siglon is good and tasline is great. I don't really do the fishing you will be doing so cant comment on the reels but i've tried so many lines lately and i've always ended up back at tasline.
Cheers Matari
I have j braid on the majority of my reels and havent had any problems, works like a dream. Tasline is better, but for a $100 reel I’d aim for a cheaper option.

matari
Has liked: 5 times

Post by matari » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:14 am

ronan wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:20 pm
matari wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:12 am
croe04 wrote:
Aaron75 wrote:
Cheers Matari
I have j braid on the majority of my reels and havent had any problems, works like a dream. Tasline is better, but for a $100 reel I’d aim for a cheaper option.
Buy it in bulk and it'll become cheaper, My father and i use it on every reel besides for a kayak gummy rods. I've used it on $40 reels and was out casting everybody with there expensive reels. Cheers Matari

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”