what reel?

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: what reel?

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:04 am

raco09 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:start with this until you catch a fish

or this nice combo

Good to see your researching combos fc. you r definately going in the drink, next time i see you :rough:

I forgot, that combo already includes a fish and a frog. You need not worry about not catching a fish. :haha2:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

ecofreak

Re: what reel?

Post by ecofreak » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:51 pm

hosko33 wrote:i have been in the same boat and have done a fair bit of research on the shimano and diawa ranges, it all depends on the type of money u want to spend. truly after getting advice from other members from this site a diawa saltiga dogfight would be the top choice for a egg beater. also the shimano stella series is right up there as well.from what i have read and answers received dogfight is best choice
I have them both, you need to spend more money to upgrade you Dogfight with Carbtech drags big enough to handle anything worthy of tearing off drag, if you do find something worthy of tearing off drag you will need to upgrade your drag knob as they melt oh and by the way dont expect the standard handle to last too long either, the Stella out of the box is a better reel but the pimped dog fight is heaps better. Not too many people would be happy about spending $500 on a $1500 reel when you can get one off the shelf for less.
Regards Paul Carter
Gan Craft Pro Staff
http://www.egikuma.blogspot.com

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”