Aernos vs Stradic Ci4

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Aernos vs Stradic Ci4

Post by ducky » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:08 pm

Scraglor wrote:Hrm... A lot of love around here for the Sienna. Im thinking I might grab a couple based on peoples reviews. The main reason I am asking about all this is the Mrs is getting me a reel for my Bday, for when I am flicking lures or egi (which is most of the time - which means only 1 rod) and I would love a top notch reel and rod for when I am fishing just one rod. I know it may be un necessary, but I do a lot of fishing and can justify it.

That being said, when I am bait fishing with multiple reels, the Siennas are looking pretty darn attractive
theres nothing wrong with the siennas, they are a great reel for $50. but if you want something nice for flicking lures etc the more expensive reels are worlds apart. you won't need a 3000 sized daiwa, a 25XX daiwa will suit anything you want to do essentially, teamed up with a quality braid you'll be reaching for that combo every time. That's the main reason I've ditched all my cheaper stuff, I got a caldia cheap at a sale, after a couple months I simply couldn't go back to my cheaper shimano's and now I'm turning into a bit of a daiwa fanboy. lol

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: Aernos vs Stradic Ci4

Post by frozenpod » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Most 2500 and 3000 size reels are the same with a slightly larger diameter spool and faster retrieve ie Ci4 2500 vs 3000.

Both the reels I listed are great, I would go for the Emerald as it is pretty much purpose built for squiding and lures, lighter shallow spool ect just a shame the line retrieval rate is a bit low.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”