I hate braid

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Re: I hate braid

Post by Scraglor » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:39 pm

Scraglor wrote:Jesus, 220kg is a monstrous bench. 220kg or 220lb? Impressive numbers. Anyhow, when ur casting 100+ mtrs, I think technique is probably the biggest factor in your distance. Shall we get the convo back on track?
As an aside, I have been fishing for 25 odd years (31 now) and measuring my biggest cast at the local oval was one of the most humbling experiences I have done haha. Can confirm I am a 60odd meter cast :P

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:43 pm

Scraglor wrote:
Scraglor wrote:Jesus, 220kg is a monstrous bench. 220kg or 220lb? Impressive numbers. Anyhow, when ur casting 100+ mtrs, I think technique is probably the biggest factor in your distance. Shall we get the convo back on track?
As an aside, I have been fishing for 25 odd years (31 now) and measuring my biggest cast at the local oval was one of the most humbling experiences I have done haha. Can confirm I am a 60odd meter cast :P
I've never measured mine on an oval but it wouldn't surprise me if it was about 60m or so. Distance is deceptive over the water
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Mines about 12m haha

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:27 pm

sloth wrote:Mines about 12m haha
you boosting sloth

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:44 pm

220kg, absolute beast of a bench but it's what he does
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:46 pm

greggo wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:Lol. Who can p1ss higher? Lol

Mind a spin off this sunday? 6pm ok?
Interesting...
We need to have another FV member get together, that's all. Lol

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:09 pm

If you want to hit 100m or more consistently using Mono, (talking about fishing ie with bait, not just a sinker as in casting comps) you would need a shock leader for casting and probably around 12-15lb main line for a spinniing reel. Having heavier mainline severely decreases your distance on spin reels especially.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:41 pm

piscateur wrote:If you want to hit 100m or more consistently using Mono, (talking about fishing ie with bait, not just a sinker as in casting comps) you would need a shock leader for casting and probably around 12-15lb main line for a spinniing reel. Having heavier mainline severely decreases your distance on spin reels especially.
I believe they are talking with lures so that would be almost the same as just casting sinkers with the main difference being a larger profile for any given weight and also the possibility of spinning through the air.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

piscateur

Post by piscateur » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:40 pm

greggo wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:Lol. Who can p1ss higher? Lol

Mind a spin off this sunday? 6pm ok?
Interesting...
Why interesting?

piscateur

Post by piscateur » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
skuxliss wrote:I've been spinning with Mono at Gunners with no issue. Have used braid also, but personal preference is for mono. No issues casting 100+ meters with mono.
I am willing to place a bet on this that there is no way you can hit 100m+ in gunners using spin gear on mono unless cows from the North are blown by the northerlies to Tassie.

Happy to meet to see the proof.
mazman wrote:I believe they are talking with lures so that would be almost the same as just casting sinkers with the main difference being a larger profile for any given weight and also the possibility of spinning through the air.
Yeah, was just the massive call by Fish-cador of not being able to cast 100m+ using spin gear and mono. Ive seen many do it with mono spinning or with bait.

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”