Whats tour favorite snapper rig?

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Re: Whats tour favorite snapper rig?

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:49 am

How many of you guys are using baitrunner style reels? And what hook type do you use with your baitrunner?

I recently picked up some new rigs. 5 to 8kg 6'6" Savage Gear Salt 2 rods with 4000 Rogue Strikerunner reels. I got them for less than $80 each on clearance. But i have very limited experience with baitrunner reels, again mostly going back to fishing with my dad in the 80's with the original Shimano reels.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Whats tour favorite snapper rig?

Post by Mattblack » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:04 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:49 am
How many of you guys are using baitrunner style reels? And what hook type do you use with your baitrunner?

I recently picked up some new rigs. 5 to 8kg 6'6" Savage Gear Salt 2 rods with 4000 Rogue Strikerunner reels. I got them for less than $80 each on clearance. But i have very limited experience with baitrunner reels, again mostly going back to fishing with my dad in the 80's with the original Shimano reels.
Yep...Ive got a couple of Shimano 6000 OC baitrunners I use for snapper. I love the noise of a snapper enquiry on them... "click-click-click", then "ZZZZZZZZZ!!"....flick the lever and it's on. Got a Thunnus Baitrunner as well, but don't think its worth the extra cash over the standard OC version. (didn't take me long to realise you don't need top end gear for snapper)

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”