Help me choose a braid

HusxZ

Help me choose a braid

Post by HusxZ » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:14 am

Hello, this might be a long post but I want to know which JDM braid deserves my money and will never let me down, I want a line that's smooth, durable, silent and won't cut easily (I've had lines get cut from doing FG knot).
I mainly fish inshore and use topwater lures with the shimano spheros 5000(I know it might be too big but that's the smallest SWA version) and I want the best PE2.5 braid out of these(I'm buying from Digitaka):

SEAGUAR PE 8X

DAIWA UVF SALTIGA DURA SENSOR 8 + Si2

DAIWA UVF PE DURA SENSOR X8 + Si2

VARIVAS 8

VARIVAS AVANI JIGGING 10x10 MAX POWER PE X8

SUNLINE SaltiMate PE JIGGER ULT 4

VARIVAS AVANI CASTING PE MAX POWER X8

(I made sure all of those are available in 300m sizes so I wont need to do a braid to braid knot so keep that in mind please)
I myself am leaning toward the last Varivas line I liked how it looks but I found 0 reviews on it so that's why I'm here, if you have a better suggestion than those I listed be sure to lmk, I know there's some lines labeled as jigging and some as casting but I dont really know what's the difference.

Thank yall in advance!

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Re: Help me choose a braid

Post by Sebb » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:10 am

I haven't used them all, but me and matea have used Varivas Avani. Definitely can recommend it.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:19 pm

Like Sebb, I can't say I've used all of the above however, I can highly rate the DAIWA UVF SALTIGA DURA SENSOR 8 + Si2 on lighter pe (can't vouch the heavier pe).

I've been using this for around a year now on three reels, one in #0.8pe 16lb, and two in #1.0pe 22lb.
The braid itself is quite smooth, has a nice stiffness and the sensitivity is great.
It's been an absolute treat casting lures, plastics, squid jigs, etc.

One factor that keeps drawing me to this braid is the stiffness and texture, in over a year of active fishing I've yet to get a single wind knot even when punch squid jigs into 30km oncoming gusts. The line may very rarely twist, which can easily be untwisted and I've yet to have it actually knot.
Exposure to salt sun, etc seems to be no worries - I've had no discoloration or breaks either.

I've also been preferring the #1.0pe over the #0.8 due to the diameter, the thinner line was a bit finicky to tie on a windier day, the thicker line is no worries at all. Just quality of life stuff.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

HusxZ

Post by HusxZ » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:18 am

Sebb wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:10 am
I haven't used them all, but me and matea have used Varivas Avani. Definitely can recommend it.
How quiet and strong is it? is it smooth and cast far?

HusxZ

Post by HusxZ » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:20 am

Andrews wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:19 pm
Like Sebb, I can't say I've used all of the above however, I can highly rate the DAIWA UVF SALTIGA DURA SENSOR 8 + Si2 on lighter pe (can't vouch the heavier pe).

I've been using this for around a year now on three reels, one in #0.8pe 16lb, and two in #1.0pe 22lb.
The braid itself is quite smooth, has a nice stiffness and the sensitivity is great.
It's been an absolute treat casting lures, plastics, squid jigs, etc.

One factor that keeps drawing me to this braid is the stiffness and texture, in over a year of active fishing I've yet to get a single wind knot even when punch squid jigs into 30km oncoming gusts. The line may very rarely twist, which can easily be untwisted and I've yet to have it actually knot.
Exposure to salt sun, etc seems to be no worries - I've had no discoloration or breaks either.

I've also been preferring the #1.0pe over the #0.8 due to the diameter, the thinner line was a bit finicky to tie on a windier day, the thicker line is no worries at all. Just quality of life stuff.
Thank you for your response, I'll definitely keep an eye on it!

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:41 pm

HusxZ wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:18 am
Sebb wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:10 am
How quiet and strong is it? is it smooth and cast far?
It was the jigging. So didn't cast. But its smooth and strong.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”