Scroungers jigheads with a plastic lip?

passport1980

Scroungers jigheads with a plastic lip?

Post by passport1980 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:34 pm

Has anyone used these jigheads? They look great. I am off to Hawaii and they seem to be the go to lure for quick predator fish near shore.
Attachments
LKESTSC-1.jpg
LKESTSC-1.jpg (19.63 KiB) Viewed 1076 times

passport1980

Re: Scroungers jigheads with a plastic lip?

Post by passport1980 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:46 pm

[youtube]9a8ku658xG4[/youtube]

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu May 21, 2015 10:40 pm

cant say ive seen em before, but they look promising.

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Fri May 22, 2015 6:38 am

I tried something similar - wiggle fin action discs. Good for slow rolling but you do lose some finesse ability

seephil
Has liked: 37 times

Post by seephil » Fri May 22, 2015 10:56 am

sloth wrote:I tried something similar - wiggle fin action discs. Good for slow rolling but you do lose some finesse ability
I was just gonna say the same thing, well balanced for a slow roll, but i'll be interested to see when you hop your lure along the bottom.
When i saw the first image of the jighead before watching the video, i thought it would change any soft plastic into a popper. :tease:

passport1980

Post by passport1980 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:01 pm

When i saw the first image of the jighead before watching the video, i thought it would change any soft plastic into a popper. :tease:[/quote]

Thats what I thought. I suppose they work well to keep them directly off the bottom. They reckon they don't snag much hence why they use them over the shallow reefs. A

Flathead37

Post by Flathead37 » Sat May 23, 2015 10:35 am

Can remember buying some double tail Mr Twisters 20 years ago and they came with those jig heads. they have been around for donkeys. Give's a life less SP a good wobble. Passport did you end up getting some good line for your Hawaii trip?

passport1980

Post by passport1980 » Sat May 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Flathead37 wrote:Can remember buying some double tail Mr Twisters 20 years ago and they came with those jig heads. they have been around for donkeys. Give's a life less SP a good wobble. Passport did you end up getting some good line for your Hawaii trip?

Yeah, I have started to play around with braid. I mean, it is awesome because of the distance I can get with minimal weight, but this fishing thing is starting to be costly. ( i.e. I lost 50 metres of braid last night due to carelessness) But I got half a dozen pinkies on it this last week and a flatty awhile ago on the nong, so I know braid feels good. And tough as nails

But- Sorry, long story short- yes, I have good line. Do I feel comfortable using it???? Not really. And to top it off, my fishing knowledge overall is pretty average and the methods used over there are foreign to me. Nevertheless, I will go in confidently.

Another common method is squid strip or plastic glitter strips under a float, slow rolled in over the reef. ****- that's pretty simple actually.

Flathead37

Post by Flathead37 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Good to hear passport, when overseas keep your eyes open on the way the fish , might be able to bring back a new technique to use back home. Good luck. Mick

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”