Ice jigs for redfin

malleestump

Ice jigs for redfin

Post by malleestump » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Jim i've been into the local BCF store here in Bendigo and i picked the brains of one of their salesmen on what type of lure that the locals are catching reddies at Eppalock on.He takes fishos out on fishing trips himself and uses this lure. Fished in about 20 to 30 feet of water letting go to the bottom and jig it up about 45cm .Another trick he does is he ties a patonoster leader about 30 cm above the lure and attaches a soft plastic bait.

The lure is a Strike Pro Ice jig----- [ He does not reccommend it for Eildon because it is too deep!!! ]

for reddies use this redfin jig pictured.species are Model no:if-002
colour code # 741 5.5cm 22gram Depth sinking.

If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Rod Bender

Re: Ice jigs for redfin

Post by Rod Bender » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:14 pm

I have heard a lot about 'Ice Jigs' for redfin and have no doubt they are deadly and possibly the best method. Only problem is I don't have a boat and I think you really need to be mobile so you can find the schools. I think a lot of people do use them in Eildon, but probably around the shallower fringes.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

malleestump

Re: Ice jigs for redfin

Post by malleestump » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Rod Bender wrote:I have heard a lot about 'Ice Jigs' for redfin and have no doubt they are deadly and possibly the best method. Only problem is I don't have a boat and I think you really need to be mobile so you can find the schools. I think a lot of people do use them in Eildon, but probably around the shallower fringes.
thanks
Jim
Yeah Jim I thought you had a boat ,but not to worry's we might get a weekend of fishing at Eppalock in the summer for those who are interested.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”