Some more lures, yet again!!!!!

Rod Bender

Some more lures, yet again!!!!!

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:23 am

Well the latest import from the US has arrived! Eight lures for a total cost of $52. Haven't been fishing here for a while due to poor water conditions and a cold from hell! Have posted a few lures over the last few weeks and am yet to use any of them! I have also decided that I am going to use and lose a few of my older ones before I start on the new ones. Thinking that I should use the older ones now, knowing full well if I don't they will sit at home forever! Two Rapala Shallow Shad Raps in 'Hot Steel' color, these are shallow runners as opposed to the deeper diving models found here in Oz. Six Rapala 4 cm Jointed Shad Raps. In the end these will probably be used to chase nothing but redfin. Perhaps a bit extravagant but at approx $7 - $8 each, not too bad.
thanks
Jim
Attachments
jointed and shallow shad.JPG
jointed and shallow shad.JPG (123.05 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Scarecrow

Re: Some more lures, yet again!!!!!

Post by Scarecrow » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Congrats on the bargains Jim, and ya gotta just love those jointed shad raps, but don't cast em in the goulburn unless you are in a yak, or boat, with a decent lure retriever, as they are just too nice to lose with a cast from the steep banks.

By the way, don't forget to put me in your will. :lol:

Rob

Rod Bender

Re: Some more lures, yet again!!!!!

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:04 am

Scarecrow wrote:but don't cast em in the goulburn unless you are in a yak, or boat,
They will be used in the channels - not many snags in them!
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”