USA/CAN Bass lures for Vic fishing

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

USA/CAN Bass lures for Vic fishing

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi all -

I'm going to the Canada in March have the opportunity to head to one of the Bass Pro mega-stores.

Wondering if any people had any opinions on using "US Bass" designed lures on the species you'd target in Vic?

There are a lot of identical and similar designs in many of the options in Bass focused stores among hard bodies, spinnerbaits, rattles and vibes etc - but also a much more varied range that hasn't really caught on or been distributed over here - "shad"-shaped lipped diving hardbodies, chatterbaits and buzzbaits mostly.

I assume that the latter 3 would be just as effective over here on Cod + Perch + Bass + EP's here? Anybody have any experience?

Link to the chain's online shop - http://www.basspro.com/Fishing/_/T-12100000000

Cheers / Chris

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: USA/CAN Bass lures for Vic fishing

Post by mazman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:35 pm

A fair bit of the gear they use there works here too, the larger surface lures go well for cod (some need treble upgrades), the spinnerbaits and chatterbaits will get hits from cod but most of them run a finer gauge hook that results in losing cod but will hold on perch and bass. No experience with buzzbaits and diving lures work although I prefer the divers that come out of the Japanese bass scene as they tend to be a bit more subtle.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

deathray
Has liked: 8 times

Re: USA/CAN Bass lures for Vic fishing

Post by deathray » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:50 pm

I once had a chunky little hardbody in 'Tennessee shad' colour with a rattle. The pattern looked like a baby carp and it had that certain something (maybe the rattle) which Trout couldnt resist even on the quietest of days.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”