Let's talk barra lures

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Let's talk barra lures

Post by barra mick » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:27 pm

4liters wrote:
barra mick wrote:
DougieK wrote:
barra mick wrote: with 100 boats on there it will be to much noise.

barra with food everywhere are alot harder to tempt.
Would be hilarious, opening weekend. 100+ boats, zero fish.
its possible.

They Love getting themselves tucked away with surface noise everywhere
Better make it kayak only in that case :thumbsup:

Kyack would be perfect.
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:07 pm

If they shut down when traffic is heavy all the more reason to leave it as open slather. Id prefer to see 100 boats for 3 months and have the novelty wear off rather than everyone not getting an opportunity to fish it due to a ballot system.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:33 pm

I think you might find ducky that people will give up after a few fishless trips.

Its not like going to eldion and catching some trout or werrible south and bagging out on stupid snapper in a hour.

then the lake maybe quiet.

well heres hoping
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

ducky

Post by ducky » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:47 pm

That's Exactly what I think too. It will be a mad house this summer for at least the first half. Then it will die off. If they are stocking another 3000 x 30cm barra they are happy with the progress of the first stocking and will continue to stock the lake. It will only be a couple of years before meteries start to be caught.

the average fisho only cares about current reports. Whilst a location is dominating reports it will cop a caning. Eventually the interest moves onto something else and the spot that was flogged gets a break. It's great news they shut down with lots of traffic as they'll be getting plenty of it that's for sure.

Looking at the lake I reckon a solid day of fishing sunup to sundown you could systematically cover every single bank in the place. You multiply that by 100+ boats in the first month and it will be copping an absolute caning.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:57 pm

They're stocking another 5000.
Also have any of you guys seen what the place is like over the holiday/summer period? It's bloody chaos, similar to the bay and jet skis.

ducky

Post by ducky » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Midweek sessions will be the name of the game down there by the sounds of things.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:30 pm

well if the novelty factor dies off, then they might not consider restocking it, thats also something to consider i guess.
they want more people to come there hence why all this stocking etc, so lets hope everything goes to plan. and the fish play the game, but also play hide and see a little bit, so everyone wins.

ps - id be using the electric motor, and im guessing so will ducky and a lot of the boats that might possibly frequent the place, but we still got to get to the fish from the ramp, and that usually means engines are running.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:28 pm

Brett wrote:They're stocking another 5000.
Also have any of you guys seen what the place is like over the holiday/summer period? It's bloody chaos, similar to the bay and jet skis.
I'd heard it's a really popular jet ski and water skiing spot, those guys won't be thrilled when there a huge queues at the ramp and no room for skiing because of all the fishing boats.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

ducky

Post by ducky » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Screw em goonbag. Jetskiers are a lesser being anyway. Haha. I've never seen fishing boats upset jet skiers but I sure have been upset by jetskiers plenty of times.

Yeah I'll be on the electric the whole time I'm fishing purple. Set a heading and speed and begin casting.

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Post by Tackleberry » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:46 pm

ducky wrote:If they shut down when traffic is heavy all the more reason to leave it as open slather. Id prefer to see 100 boats for 3 months and have the novelty wear off rather than everyone not getting an opportunity to fish it due to a ballot system.
EXACTLY

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”