Rapala tail dancers deep.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Rapala tail dancers deep.

Post by bowl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:02 pm

Look the goods for some trolling in ppb.
IMG_20161220_194433.jpg
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Rapala tail dancers deep.

Post by Redhunter » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Cheap enough! I drag a couple of 30ft versions around sometimes when looking for a good arch or 2. Havent caught a red yet, but several 50cm+ frogs on them so far. Only a matter of time till I hook a red or small kingy I reckon. Worth having in the collection Bowl.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:06 pm

Redhunter wrote:Cheap enough! I drag a couple of 30ft versions around sometimes when looking for a good arch or 2. Havent caught a red yet, but several 50cm+ frogs on them so far. Only a matter of time till I hook a red or small kingy I reckon. Worth having in the collection Bowl.
Thats what I want them for,when sounding for reds do some trolling....just need a boat lol

Prob get another ten of them.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Redhunter wrote:Cheap enough! I drag a couple of 30ft versions around sometimes when looking for a good arch or 2. Havent caught a red yet, but several 50cm+ frogs on them so far. Only a matter of time till I hook a red or small kingy I reckon. Worth having in the collection Bowl.
The smaller size stump jumpers supposedly dive to 5m or so, do you reckon they'd do the same job?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:20 pm

4liters wrote:
The smaller size stump jumpers supposedly dive to 5m or so, do you reckon they'd do the same job?
just go the big one, they don't dive to the stated depth and i've caught stacks of 25cm pinkies on 9cm hards
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:25 pm

mazman wrote:
4liters wrote:
just go the big one, they don't dive to the stated depth and i've caught stacks of 25cm pinkies on 9cm hards
As in the really big stump jumpers? Would a flathead eat one of those? They're a pretty chunky lure
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Not the megas but I'd be giving the size 1's a whirl
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Stumpies may do the job! You want to use lures that are in the "zone" of the depth range you're trolling them. I like the rapalas though as they have a good saltwater baitfish (eg.pilly) action to them. Give them plenty of drop back as the noise of an outboard can put them off when in shallow water. Yakking is a much more silent approach however. Some folk may use downriggers in deeper water, but again, plenty of drop back is required as the bomb can put the fish off. I like to concentrate in the bottom third of the water column, with the theory that this is where the feeding fish will be.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”