Mystery lure

Nuscani

Re: Mystery lure

Post by Nuscani » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Nude up wrote:Mine I inherited off my grandfather about 55 years ago. He was was a trout fisherman which is usually what they were used for rigged like tassie devils sometimes with a wire and beads either side. I will talk to my brother in law he Lives in the uk and a big fisherman.
Thanks a lot mate. Let me know what your brother-in-law says :thumbsup:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:27 pm

It was a prop from remotely operated toy boat used to drop bait farther. The boat ventured out of range but the wind eventually blew it back to shore and it broke into pieces. You found the prop.

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Fish-cador wrote:It was a prop from remotely operated toy boat used to drop bait farther. The boat ventured out of range but the wind eventually blew it back to shore and it broke into pieces. You found the prop.
Nah mate, good guess though but it's a trout lure from the late 1800's and early 1900's

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Nuscani wrote:
Nude up wrote:Mine I inherited off my grandfather about 55 years ago. He was was a trout fisherman which is usually what they were used for rigged like tassie devils sometimes with a wire and beads either side. I will talk to my brother in law he Lives in the uk and a big fisherman.
Thanks a lot mate. Let me know what your brother-in-law says :thumbsup:
Isn't it weird how i found an old freshwater trout lure washed up on a salt water peninsula :-D

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:27 am

Maybe used to target Salmon way back when.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:49 am

1800s eh? You are probably a little bit off. Have you considered it maybe from the jurassic era?

Mike_M

Post by Mike_M » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:40 am

Nuscani wrote: Nah mate, good guess though but it's a trout lure from the late 1800's and early 1900's
close, it's a lure first designed and manufactured in the late 1800's, but still produced today. So your lure could come from any time since then (but odds are, later rather than earlier).

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:43 am

Fish-cador wrote:1800s eh? You are probably a little bit off. Have you considered it maybe from the jurassic era?
Nah man there was no metal in the jurassic era

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:46 am

Nuscani wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:1800s eh? You are probably a little bit off. Have you considered it maybe from the jurassic era?
Did it just magically appear at the start of the bronze age?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:48 am

4liters wrote:
Nuscani wrote:
Did it just magically appear at the start of the bronze age?
Pretty sure it didnt. That design of lure was first inveted by a devon man in the late 1800's, the bronze age was way before that :rofl:
Last edited by Nuscani on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”