Jig-Heads with Spinners

SIKKO_X2

Jig-Heads with Spinners

Post by SIKKO_X2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:13 pm

G'day Guys,
I love flicking SP's for flathead landbased and as i am heading up to Noosa in december for a week i want to stock up on plenty of fishing gear.

I have noticed quite a few jigheads are available with small metal spinners on them, such as the Owner Flashy Swimmer, TT Rev Heads and Secret Creek Pony Heads.

Does anybody here have any experience with them?
My main concern is that with the lift and drop retrieve style for flathead the spinner protruding from the bottom might roll the plastic over, allowing the hook to snag more often.

I am interested to hear what you have to say on these, aswell as any other jig head styles that work great for landbased and kayak flathead fishing in estuaries.

cheers

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Jig-Heads with Spinners

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:39 pm

haven't used one but a spinning shiny metal may actually help. On getting snagged, try rigging your SP weedless style. This rigging style does not expose the hook tip. You can search youtube or google for more info on weedless rigging.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

SIKKO_X2

Re: Jig-Heads with Spinners

Post by SIKKO_X2 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:24 pm

yeah getting snagged while flicking isnt an issue, im more worried about the jig heads with spinners getting snagged in-particular as alot of them look like they will roll the sp onto its side when resting on the drop. has anybody used these jigheads with good results of flatty? The owner flashy swimmer looks the best as it has a semi weedless hook design with a trailing spinner, any thoughts?

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”