Last of the Daiwa Gekkabinji Yoguri 4F lures..

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Last of the Daiwa Gekkabinji Yoguri 4F lures..

Post by meppstas » Wed May 24, 2017 4:47 pm

I was lucky enough to get the last 12 Daiwa Gekkabinji Yogiri 4F lures Ghost Brown model through MO-Tackle, the Gekkabinji Yoguri lures are no longer available from Daiwa as they've been discontinued. Got hold of Daiwa yesterday after trying several tackle stores trying to get a few but some only had one or two left. Daiwa Aust got back to me saying that they had 15 left and to get hold of a tackle store to see if they would get them in for me. Got hold of MO-Tackle who have always looked after me, I gave them the details and they went ahead & ordered them in straight away providing I'd take the 15 of them which I agreed to do... They're selling them for $17-95 ea and they had 20% off on the day which bought them down to $14-26 ea. I asked them for their best price with free delivery and they let me have them for $11-95 ea. They also had one left in their own stock which I got them to throw in with the others. These are a great little trout lure and are deadly on the trout in rivers and streams, I know it cost me a few $$$'s but to me is money well spent providing I don't lose to many of them. I did have three of them of which two were lost to trout when they took the lure close to snags then darted into them taking the lure with them and the last one I had, well I broke the bib off it while slamming it on the water to remove that damn fine green cotton like algae of it. Won't be doing that with the new ones.. The reason I only got the twelve (11 from Daiwa & 1 from MO-T) was because an order for four of them had come in before mine got through to Daiwa.. still happy with twelve any way.. :)

**PS: Just wanted to say thank you to mazman (Alex) for putting me onto these great little trout takers.. :thumbsup:
cheers
Adrian
IMG_4131 (Medium).JPG
Daiwa Yoguri 4F ghost brown hard body..
IMG_4132 (Medium).JPG
Ghost brown floating hard body 2 gram.
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Last of the Daiwa Gekkabinji Yoguri 4F lures..

Post by purple5ive » Wed May 24, 2017 7:09 pm

adrian,
have a look at the ghost gill from atomic as well, they are a very very similar colour.
but these lures are a gun lure.
have you tried the other trout colours? midnight trout, yamame etc

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Wed May 24, 2017 9:05 pm

purple5ive wrote:adrian,
have a look at the ghost gill from atomic as well, they are a very very similar colour.
but these lures are a gun lure.
have you tried the other trout colours? midnight trout, yamame etc
No haven't tried them at all, stuck with the ghost brown ones mainly because they never missed taking a trout and they're great for the real shallow runs too.

I have a dozen of the Atomic Shad 40 & Shad 50 mid divers in the ghost gill brown lures as well and they're also deadly on the trout in the rivers. I picked these up from MO-Tackle some time back when they had them out 2 for $10-00 which was a bargain..

I was looking at getting a few of the midnight trout models too.. still have plenty of Rapala F-3 rainbow & brown trout hard body lures too, so probably be enough for now, plus I have around 300+ Mepps spinners too.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Wed May 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Great win there Adrian, you could also try the chubby minnows, similar colours and swim pretty good as well.
quid est quod eum

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Wed May 24, 2017 10:34 pm

ratbag wrote:Great win there Adrian, you could also try the chubby minnows, similar colours and swim pretty good as well.
Thanks, I'll check them out too.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Fri May 26, 2017 5:00 pm

Sounds like a well valued purchase there, and some fantastic customer service to boot!

Ever think about what your lure loss ratio is in comparison to casts made or fish caught? Something ridiculous like 1:10000 casts and 1:100 fish haha?

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Fri May 26, 2017 6:48 pm

You don't lose too many when wading. If you snag, just walk over and retrieve

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri May 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Basti wrote:You don't lose too many when wading. If you snag, just walk over and retrieve
I can't recall the last time I lost a trout lure, admittedly I do go to some pretty extreme measures to get lures back.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Fri May 26, 2017 10:45 pm

You lost a minnow to a trout. Buried you in the weed.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri May 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Basti wrote:You lost a minnow to a trout. Buried you in the weed.
Noooo, I didn't need to remember that. Even then I contemplated going in after it
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”