Soft plastics for Snapper

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Soft plastics for Snapper

Post by cobby » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:39 pm

For a beginner get anything with a curl tail, the biggest Squidgy Wrigglers, whatevers similar in gulp and other brands. The action is all inbuilt to the plastic and they're not so reliant on being dead straight for best action like a minnow or jerkbait. For ppb 1/4oz and 3/8oz jigheads with 3/0 hooks suit anywhere

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:41 pm

Kimtown wrote:Has anyone ever had success with plastics in WPB?
Always wanted to try it during slack tied but never really bothered
And when drifting. Get a lot of garbage like cod and gurnard depending on where you're fishing

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Best I,ve found are 4" Jerkbaits in Hot Pinks and Orange colours. Jigheads for that depth 5/0 1/8th or 1/4oz in rough conditions. I only target them with plastics.
If I only had 1 plastic it would be a D.O.A. Jerkbait 4" in Pink Ice
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Cheers Gents...do you choose colours like squid jigs? (dark in low light...light in the middle of the day sort of thing?)

munroe

Post by munroe » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:04 pm

IFISHALOT wrote:Best I,ve found are 4" Jerkbaits in Hot Pinks and Orange colours. Jigheads for that depth 5/0 1/8th or 1/4oz in rough conditions. I only target them with plastics.
If I only had 1 plastic it would be a D.O.A. Jerkbait 4" in Pink Ice
One of the most helpful replies in this thread for the original poster. :thumbsup:

If I can add to IFSHALOT's post, One of the most lethal SP's for our Bay snapper is the humble Curltail Worm profile, particularity in the Pumpkinseed color. And there's a few brand options out there ;-)

Being a thin profile, you can get away with fishing as light as possible, allowing the worm to slowly waffle down the column and resting on the reef without burying itself into the reef. Snapper will pick the lure off the bottom, or smack it just as it reaches the bottom. 3/32oz ( 3-5 meters) to 1/8oz- 1/4 oz (5+ meters). Depending on your drift and wind conditions

Hope this helps

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”