Berkley gulp or squidgys

Timi200

Berkley gulp or squidgys

Post by Timi200 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:45 pm

I use sp frequently for snapper flathead and Redfin what is the better type of sp squidgys or Berkeley gulp?

shazzagraz

Re: Berkley gulp or squidgys

Post by shazzagraz » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Take a few of both with you on your fishing trips. One day they might like the gulp, next day they might prefer the squidgy. Have different colours with you as well. If one isn't working for you, change to a different one.

Having said that I've caught most of my fish soaking baits, only started with soft plastics last summer and managed just one flathead on a squidgy fish. Life had been too busy to get out for a while now, but with daylight savings kicking in I will now have more time in the day to get out and have another crack with the SP's this summer.

Good luck with it.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:08 am

I tried Berley paddletails for redfin without luck. On saying that I used them at a time when nothing seemed to be working so they never really had a chance. However I will not purchase Berkley anymore. I found many of the plastics (3 inch I think they were) had kinks in them due to the way they were packaged. Once kinked they would not 'straighten' out. This may not affect the smaller varieties but I will not purchase them now due to this.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

St3vil

Post by St3vil » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:49 pm

For the Snapper and Flatties i reckon you can't beat the Gulps mate.
Shads work well.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”