Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Re: Rip-off squid jigs vs high quality squid jigs

Post by wem21 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:26 pm

piscateur wrote:
wem21 wrote:
piscateur wrote:I have used Rays outdoors cheapos to Gancrafts and Keystone jigs. the most disappointing Jig was the Gancraft because of their crowns rusting away even with the most vigilant care. the cheapos I used did catch but they also sank like a rock. My Favs were Harimitsu and Megabass, but the textures cloth Harimitsus never lasted long but it didn't affect the catch rate.I have found myself using Rui jigs as the are the best bang for buck out there. and when you step into his shop its the best squid jig wall youll ever see. Note he does stock Yama, Yo Zuris, Harimitsus, ketstone, and more plus his jigs. if u have a chance to go visit then do yourself a favour. U can find him on FB.
Where would I find his shop? Would I have to buy them on ebay or is there a physical shop?
He's in Clayton/Springvale Just off Westall RD
Can you send me a pic of the google maps? Or just an adress

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Mattblack wrote:Anyone had any luck with the new Shimano 'rattle' jigs? I was catching squid one morning on a normal white sephia & changed over to an identical jig but with the rattle....I swear it scared them all off.
Yamashita and Sumizoku are nice jigs if you can get them on sale, otherwise the price is hard to justify.
use the rattles at night

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:34 pm

wem21 wrote:
piscateur wrote:
wem21 wrote:
piscateur wrote:I have used Rays outdoors cheapos to Gancrafts and Keystone jigs. the most disappointing Jig was the Gancraft because of their crowns rusting away even with the most vigilant care. the cheapos I used did catch but they also sank like a rock. My Favs were Harimitsu and Megabass, but the textures cloth Harimitsus never lasted long but it didn't affect the catch rate.I have found myself using Rui jigs as the are the best bang for buck out there. and when you step into his shop its the best squid jig wall youll ever see. Note he does stock Yama, Yo Zuris, Harimitsus, ketstone, and more plus his jigs. if u have a chance to go visit then do yourself a favour. U can find him on FB.
Where would I find his shop? Would I have to buy them on ebay or is there a physical shop?
Look up Rui Tang on Facebook.
Send a friend request.
He'll accept, then use messenger to sort out the details.
He's a decent bloke, with a massive range of jigs. Make sure you get a red foil black cloth, ripper jig when it gets dark.

wem21

Post by wem21 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Sooooo, decided to try and persuade parents to get me some Rui Jigs on ebay. They said no...
So I went to Southern Sportfishing (a tackle shop in black rock) and picked up 2 5$ jigs. I compared them to my yamashitas and the only difference i found was the angle of the sinking jig, with the yamashitas being around 35-40 degrees and the el cheapos being around 45 degrees. Would this make the difference between squid and no squid?

wem21

Post by wem21 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:00 pm

CarlG wrote:
wem21 wrote:
piscateur wrote:
wem21 wrote:
Send a friend request.
He's a decent bloke, with a massive range of jigs. Make sure you get a red foil black cloth, ripper jig when it gets dark.
Are you talking about this one? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RUI-SQUID-J ... SwR6RaIbGw

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm

wem21 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
wem21 wrote:
piscateur wrote:
wem21 wrote: Where would I find his shop? Would I have to buy them on ebay or is there a physical shop?
Send a friend request.
Are you talking about this one? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RUI-SQUID-J ... SwR6RaIbGw
Nope. Red foil, BLACK cloth.
Might not have it on eBay, but He'll probably have one or two in stock.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:09 pm

wem21 wrote:Sooooo, decided to try and persuade parents to get me some Rui Jigs on ebay. They said no...
So I went to Southern Sportfishing (a tackle shop in black rock) and picked up 2 5$ jigs. I compared them to my yamashitas and the only difference i found was the angle of the sinking jig, with the yamashitas being around 35-40 degrees and the el cheapos being around 45 degrees. Would this make the difference between squid and no squid?
I caught squid on cheap jigs white mates were using shimano next to me so you never know

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm

CarlG wrote:
wem21 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
wem21 wrote:
piscateur wrote:
Send a friend request.
Nope. Red foil, BLACK cloth.
Might not have it on eBay, but He'll probably have one or two in stock.
This one, is the one I like. It is the most like a harimitsu jig, that is no longer available.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RUI-SQUID-J ... Swi1tZZLIx

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:09 pm

smile0784 wrote:
wem21 wrote:Sooooo, decided to try and persuade parents to get me some Rui Jigs on ebay. They said no...
I caught squid on cheap jigs white mates were using shimano next to me so you never know
they will work and when squid fishing snags/weed etc they all end up at the bottom of the sea

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:40 pm

Here's a couple worth considering. Free postage should be the deal-maker!!
Attachments
RUI jigs.jpg

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”