soft plastics vs bait

keep_itsimple

soft plastics vs bait

Post by keep_itsimple » Sun May 08, 2011 11:16 am

hi all,
a couple of days ago i went down to my local and meet some blokes down there that have there since 2am (it was 9:30am when i got there) they told me that they only got 15 fish the whole night and the fish werent biting. but i had cast anyway cause i know they are always there. 2 minutes later pulled in my first fish. they all looked at me with a bit of fraustration and kept fishing. in the 30 minutes i was there i got 7 fish ranging from pinkies to red mullet and whiting (yes whiting on soft plastics, some the biggest ive caught have been using camo worms with fish up to 50cm). i do believe that in MOST (not all) situations that plastics are better as long as you use the right gear.

from what i mean using the right gear
when i first started off, i used cheap mono line on a light bait rod. this didnt work so i went to the tackle shop and asked some questions what i was doing wrong and they told me get some braid, so i brought some cheap **** and i started to catch a few fish, but nothing to brag about. i went back and told me to use some flurocarbon leader. for the next 6 months i never caught some many fish, i thought this was great but then for some reason i stop catching fish on the plastics so i went back to bait and gave up on the idea.
my cousin who imports tackle from japan told me to try some higher quility braid and fluro with the right rod, so at the moment i have a bream raider rod with a symere 2500 with sunline rock fish 8lbs braid with ygk 4lbs leader. this outfit has been the reason im some platics based, the better quality braid lets you cast further, they are thinner and a 8 strand instead of a 4 strand. the better fluro is stronger and thinner than the gear i used before hand. i tell all the people i fish with spend a little more when buying your braid and fluro cause this can mean more fish.

i happy say i go down to the local and alot of the time and im the only person catching fish out of 5-10 person crowd

this my experiance and what works for me.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”