Soft Plastics vs Metal blades

MasterBaiter24
Has liked: 36 times

Re: Soft Plastics vs Metal blades

Post by MasterBaiter24 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:08 pm

frozenpod wrote:Shimano Catana is one of the cheap popular options.

https://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au/pro ... _rod_16693
Oh ok, I see.
What vibes do you use?

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:42 pm

When you start fishing very light jigheads then you may want to consider lightening your braid and leaded. Your rod will be the most important part so look for something that can cast weights way down low, like 1-3grams. Your reel is fine for now but I prefer to go down to a 1000-1500 size to match such a light rod. I personally think Daiwa make better rods for the money than shimano and rate their gen. black series highly for the price (can go on special for $80 at times but I have paid double that too), there are amazing rods out their if you want to start really spending money though, loomis for example have fantastic rods for light flicking if ya wanna spend the dosh. For reels I don't have a lot of experience with other brands than shimano. I don't like shimano as a company to deal with and their low end rods are total garbage but their Stradic and CI4 reels are good gear when you can get them around $200 or less (latest complete angler has CI4 for $199 at the moment)

What you have at present should still cast heavier jigheads and blades for half a mile and is suitable for that.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Skronkman is on the money. Only thing I’ll mention is that out of the 4 target species you mention it’s only really bream that are a bit finicky when it comes to jigjeads. 1/4 oz jigheads are fine for the rest of them. Especially to get that bit extra cast distance. Beginning I think you’ll get more bang for your buck with plastics rather than blades. But both are very effective.

The bream generally will be hanging on the structure you’re casting from. So you can get away with far lighter gear

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 pm

MasterBaiter24 wrote:

Oh ok, I see.
What vibes do you use?
Collection of different ones I would start with Kato as they are cheap.

I use quite a few of the Tackle Tactics Switchblades but they are pricey.

MasterBaiter24

Post by MasterBaiter24 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:39 pm

frozenpod wrote:
MasterBaiter24 wrote:

Oh ok, I see.
What vibes do you use?
Collection of different ones I would start with Kato as they are cheap.

I use quite a few of the Tackle Tactics Switchblades but they are pricey.
What colours do you use the TT switchblades in? Have you ever tried strike Pro cyber vibes? I've heard good things about them

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:25 am

I have a couple of strike pro blades they seem fine all of them catch fish.

Range of colours I tend to mostly use more natural colours silver, olive, ect with the odd red or yellow in there too.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:45 am

A good rule of thumb for choosing the color is: Dirty water=Dark colors, Clear water=natural or bright.

Ultimately though, it all comes down to the action you're imparting on your blade. Small hops along the bottom, or, constant slow roll, or a mix of both. It wont matter what color you use if your retrieve isn't correct for the conditions. I find small hops along the bottom to be the most effective though.

MasterBaiter24

Post by MasterBaiter24 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:04 am

frozenpod wrote:I have a couple of strike pro blades they seem fine all of them catch fish.

Range of colours I tend to mostly use more natural colours silver, olive, ect with the odd red or yellow in there too.
greggo wrote:A good rule of thumb for choosing the color is: Dirty water=Dark colors, Clear water=natural or bright.

Ultimately though, it all comes down to the action you're imparting on your blade. Small hops along the bottom, or, constant slow roll, or a mix of both. It wont matter what color you use if your retrieve isn't correct for the conditions. I find small hops along the bottom to be the most effective though.
I had a look on Google for the colours of the cyber vibes,
And I'm guessing that a18, Ju008 and BLG would be good colours?

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:20 am

MasterBaiter24 wrote:
frozenpod wrote:I have a couple of strike pro blades they seem fine all of them catch fish.

greggo wrote:A good rule of thumb for choosing the color is: Dirty water=Dark colors, Clear water=natural or bright.

I had a look on Google for the colours of the cyber vibes,

Best colours in the Cyber Vibes are A18, 780E and JU020ES. These are also the top sellers. 221 is also a great colour if targeting Redfin.

You can click on the Website on the bottom of my post to view the colours. Cheers and good luck using them!
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:01 pm

MasterBaiter24 wrote: I had a look on Google for the colours of the cyber vibes,
My go-to vibe is the Cybervibe A18 in 35 and 40. I have a mix of other brands in different weights and colors, but the A18 is my favorite. It's caught Bream, Bass, EP's, Mulloway, Snapper, Flounder, Whiting...the list goes on. My second choice is the Berkeley Big Eye Baby Mullet, but I'll always start my prospecting with the A18.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”