Squidgies

Brownie

Squidgies

Post by Brownie » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:17 pm

Has anyone noticed that Squidgies with the paddle tails have issues with the paddle tail section being crooked, wonky. I got some several months ago and half the pack had this problem. The tail isnt in line, sits sideways, so that when retrieved the lure just cuts through the water with virtually no action. Just a few weeks ago I got a packet and the same issue, half of them totally useless. Im not going to waste my money on them again. Ill still buy the ribbon tailed ones as theyre always good and iv never had a bad one and I do like squidgies, especially the X Factor scent and the lures in drop bear colour but this dodgy paddle tail thing has lost me as far as those ones are concerened.
Yeah iv seen the odd one in Berkly T tails but not like this.
Have struck it with Warmishams too though, every second one out of the pack a dodgy paddle section.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Squidgies

Post by purple5ive » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Put it in some boiling water for few minutes they should straighten out..

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:48 pm

Do you find the tails are bent within the packaging before it is opened?
Cheers
Jim

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:49 pm

there crap the paddle tail,s moulded at the wrong angle you are talking about the bio tough ? i only use the bio tough wriggler,s

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:58 pm

April Fool wrote:Do you find the tails are bent within the packaging before it is opened?
Cheers
Jim
Hi mate. You pick a pack off the shelf, you cant 100% tell if they are ok or not as you cant really hold one up individually. But open it up, take one out and theyre wonky.
Boiling them does nothing but make them worse. I tried that the first time several months ago.
Pics not the greatest but you'll get the idea. Two Squidgies one Warmisham.
lure3.jpg
lure2.jpg
lure1.jpg

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:57 pm

Cut as much material off at the base of the tail as you can. It'll give it some action, just means you might have a tail bitten off more easily

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:12 pm

cobby wrote:Cut as much material off at the base of the tail as you can. It'll give it some action, just means you might have a tail bitten off more easily
I'll give that a go mate, wont be buying either brand again in paddle tails though that's for sure. If what you suggest doesn't work I'm just gonna bin them. Not keen on throwing out $30 worth of soft plastics but if theyre useless then they deserve to be.

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:00 am

I've had problems with Squidgies straight out of the packet before - they get marketed heavily but the quality is not even close to zman IMO. You can buy the Squidgy S-factor scent separately now, if you get some z-man plastics and use the S-factor scent on them they'll swim better and last much longer.

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:19 am

Aaron75 wrote:I've had problems with Squidgies straight out of the packet before - they get marketed heavily but the quality is not even close to zman IMO. You can buy the Squidgy S-factor scent separately now, if you get some z-man plastics and use the S-factor scent on them they'll swim better and last much longer.
+1 for the zman brand. They are one of the better soft plastics available on the market easily. I've had issues with squidgees and not a fan of the Gulps either (although they have a little curl tail grub in pumpkin seed that works great before it dries out).

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:09 am

Yep, agree guys on the Zman quality, have not had a bad one. Got a few packs of the Slim Swimz couple of months ago and every one is perfectly shaped and the swim action is way more pronounced than a Squidgy.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”