Stump-jumper Flipper - Bibs

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Stump-jumper Flipper - Bibs

Post by russellh2 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Need some help - Does any member know where I can purchase Stump-jumper Flipper - Bibs.
I understand that the Stump-jumper Flipper comes with a single surface bib plus 2 diving bibs - Would like to buy a couple of spare surface bibs, just in case.

TIA

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Re: Stump-jumper Flipper - Bibs

Post by happyfriggincamper » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:40 pm

Bump - after just the bib, bit of googling hasn't provided results for bib only (but a few sellers of the lure w/bib). Thought given stumperjumper bibs are interchangable - you could maybe pick up a pack of them to retrofit to existing stumpys.

Bib in question

http://www.jmgillies.com.au/product/stu ... 5-flipper/

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Murlz » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:43 pm

I had not seen these. What an awesome idea. Has anybody had any luck with them. I don't see how they could not work. :thumbsup:
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

happyfriggincamper

Post by happyfriggincamper » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:58 pm

https://youtu.be/0zhGfHQgp14

Looks halco nightwalker-ish

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:52 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:40 pm
Bump - after just the bib, bit of googling hasn't provided results for bib only (but a few sellers of the lure w/bib). Thought given stumperjumper bibs are interchangable - you could maybe pick up a pack of them to retrofit to existing stumpys.
There was some discussion about obtaining the flipper bibs a while ago. I thought it was on this thread but obviously not. Enquiries through a local tackle store provided the following answer...the flipper bibs are not sold separately. This may have changed since then so it wouldn't hurt to contact Gillies. Besides, if they get enough enquiries, they may change their mind!
Cheers
Jim

happyfriggincamper

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:22 pm

Great minds jim - ive already emailed them - pending reply.

Checked their product catalogue as well, they have packs of diving bibs, but not surface bib packs listed - so assuming seperate purchase is a no, but hope that changes

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:16 pm

April Fool wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:52 pm

This may have changed since then so it wouldn't hurt to contact Gillies. Besides, if they get enough enquiries, they may change their mind!
Cheers
Jim

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:22 pm

ive already emailed them - pending reply.

Checked their product catalogue as well, they have packs of diving bibs, but not surface bib packs listed - so assuming seperate purchase is a no, but hope that changes
I always believe , , , , get it from the horse's mouth. Best way to get something done is straight to those concerned , , , , well done Mr Camper

Social Media is Rantsville, some companies monitor it (be it some through media companies that provide monitoring and reporting services). But unless there is an immense upheaval (which rarely happens) the ranting is seen as just that, misguided, non-committed ranting for a day or two.

Best way is to email direct , , , , shows commitment and a kind of resolve.

This reminds me of a story , , , , surprise surprise , , , , Bugatti has a story :-D

They stopped making "Barney Banana" ice creams years back because of declining sales. Some time later, there was a Social media uprising about "Bring back the Barney Banana". Many jumped on the "popular bandwagon". They started making the ill fated "Barney Banana" again , , , , only to stop making it again some months later , , , , for declining sales, which was the reason why they stopped making it in the first place.

Popular bandwagons get the 15 minutes of attention of the misguided attention seachers.

Emails and "Contact Us" facilities on Company Websites , , , , show commitment and rightful intention.

Now I would love to help out by sending an email about these Bibs , , , , but being a Bait Fisho who has little idea about Lures, putting in a suggestion about providing Surface Bibs may be counterproductive and result in them sending me one of these

Bib.PNG

Cheers, Daddy's little Fishing Buddy, Bugatti

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”