Hooked on Bait & Tackle @ Hopper's Crossing

Mutley and Scruffy

Re: Hooked on Bait & Tackle @ Hopper's Crossing

Post by Mutley and Scruffy » Mon May 30, 2016 5:41 pm

purple5ive wrote:....................................................................................................................................................................
yeah they are not the cheapest, but moreso if the OP was desperate and couldnt find any others stocking the said lure. or couldnt get to an actual store.
they do have a really good range though, some of their lures are hard to get locally in any store
Fair enough churple durple! Actually thought your sites prices would have been competitive with other online Oz sites! Just that we have a kick arse CA tackle store here! Down side is they never have '20% off lure' sales like local TW does...but of course it's prices start higher.
cheers
Team Dog
Keepin' the tackle stores honest!

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon May 30, 2016 6:59 pm

Nice people in there kev. I noticed they only stocked there own brands I got plastics and a rod holder amongst other small things a while back. The service is very friendly the prices were great sadly nothing I've bought has lasted.. Except a pack of plastics floating around my cab somewhere.
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue May 31, 2016 10:45 am

Mutley and Scruffy wrote:
purple5ive wrote:....................................................................................................................................................................
yeah they are not the cheapest, but moreso if the OP was desperate and couldnt find any others stocking the said lure. or couldnt get to an actual store.
they do have a really good range though, some of their lures are hard to get locally in any store
Fair enough churple durple! Actually thought your sites prices would have been competitive with other online Oz sites! Just that we have a kick arse CA tackle store here! Down side is they never have '20% off lure' sales like local TW does...but of course it's prices start higher.
cheers
Team Dog
Keepin' the tackle stores honest!
nah they have quite a few regulars i am led to believe, and besides there no competition when quite a lot of the lures they sell cannot be purchased anywhere else in stores. have a look at the list they have. most cannot be bought locally very easily.
besides its not my shop as per say, ive never actually bought anything from there :-D

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:03 pm

I'm a Hooked on bait & tackle person.
I have known Mick, for many years (since they had the store in Werribee).
At present they have my favorite rod (a JW Port Hacking). It needs 3 "runners" replaced at a cost of $45.
Most people would say "get a new one", but, the rod was also given to me by my late brother (Passed away at 27yo)
I could of probably found a cheaper repairer, but, I need this rod fixed properly.
The rod will never be discarded, even if it breaks.
Hooked On look after me & are very nice & knowledgable people.

Hooked On
Gra

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:04 pm

I went in to Hooked On today to buy a replacement rod. All i needed was something good but cheap as this is a rod that will only be used by mates who dont have their own gear when they come out with me. I finally decided to replace the 20 year old one they use now.

I walked out 5mins later with a beaut general purpose rod and only $44 lighter.

As opposed to the salesman at Harvey Norman who was trying to flog off a set of $1000 speakers for me to hook up to my spare TV which is worth $150 and never gets used (and has a buzzy speaker).
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:00 am

As opposed to the salesman at Harvey Norman who was trying to flog off a set of $1000 speakers for me to hook up to my spare TV which is worth $150 and never gets used (and has a buzzy speaker).[/quote]

Harvey Norman stores are all franchises.
The staff are on a retainer + commission.
Seeing as you've only got a crap TV, I'm surprised they didn't try to sell you a new one, to go with the speakers.

Cheers
Gra

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:19 am

Just been into Hooked On this morning and met Mick, great bloke and very helpful. Was cashed up to buy a decent rod and Mick showed me one a ½ the coin I was thinking I had to spend.

Good diverse range of gear and growing when they open their new store down the road.
quid est quod eum

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”