Hooked on Bait & Tackle @ Hopper's Crossing

PDXSerric

Hooked on Bait & Tackle @ Hopper's Crossing

Post by PDXSerric » Fri May 27, 2016 11:49 am

After looking in vain for bent minnows here in Ballarat I was directed to visit Hooked On located at 159 Old Geelong road Hoppers Crossing 3029. I was led around the store by (I doscovered later) the owner who was one of the most helpful people I've talked to (second only to one fellow in BCF here in ballarat).

Their stock is impressive and they have certain brands of lures and lines I haven't found anywhere else. On top of all that, they knew their stuff and were't shy on telling you everything they knew without pressuring you to buy a single thing.

I made a comment that I really liked the bent minnows and they weren't available down my way and he offered to have me email him at any time and he'll pop them in the mail and send them my way rather than making the trip! Now THAT'S customer service.

If you've shopped with them before then you know what I'm saying is accurate. If not, check them out!

http://tacklegear.blogspot.com.au/

fishpod

Re: Hooked on Bait & Tackle @ Hopper's Crossing

Post by fishpod » Fri May 27, 2016 12:20 pm

I live nearby there and have known him since he was a kid, a great bloke with a great variety of tackle :thumbsup:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri May 27, 2016 12:46 pm

They are a good store from all reviews i have heard.

also check out this store, its online as well so you can shop from home.

https://www.fishin.com.au/

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Fri May 27, 2016 12:56 pm

I agree 100% Mick is such a knowledgeable and friendly guy always willing to help :thumbsup: .His store and Trellys in Laverton are my go to stores as the range and quality of tackle they stock you just can't get at a BCF store.

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Fri May 27, 2016 11:22 pm

thats interesting PDXSerric, l also use bcf ballarat and they have a good cross section of tackle but lots of things people talk about on this forum you can't get at bcf,l have more luck with H.REHFISCH & Co and even though they seem to know there stuff they still do not have a huge selection maybe l need to take a trip to Hoppers Crossing.
:cheers:

ecoronad
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ecoronad » Fri May 27, 2016 11:31 pm

Got to know Mick from when I used to work for one of the tackle distributors. A true gentleman who knows his stuff. Sometimes it's not all about how much we could have bought a lure, reel, line or rod online. Support your local tackle store - especially if they go out of their way to feel like you belong there and not just someone who might be a customer.

Fishnhook

Post by Fishnhook » Sun May 29, 2016 9:02 am

Mick's a good man i only buy from him cause he has plenty of stock in his store like no one else does and he's willing to help you out as well on info.

Mutley and Scruffy

Post by Mutley and Scruffy » Sun May 29, 2016 2:42 pm

purple5ive wrote:They are a good store from all reviews i have heard.

also check out this store, its online as well so you can shop from home.

https://www.fishin.com.au/
I may be speaking for a minority but not everyone wants to shop from home purple durple! (Insert smilie face here!) I had a look at a couple items on the link, Ecogear ZX blades and Jackall TN 60's. The local CA store has the ZX blades for the same price and the TN60's may be a dollar cheaper here. They do their best to compete here...and I think they may still struggle. Anyway, not all of us are that keen on buying online.
ecoronad wrote:..............Sometimes it's not all about how much we could have bought a lure, reel, line or rod online. Support your local tackle store........................................
Do you find you pay a bit more there? Whilst our local CA store beats the local TW store with prices of lures, TW has cheaper rods and reels. Also, TW will drop their price for regular customers. I would think that the Hopper's crossing store may be the same?
cheers
Jim

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun May 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Not cheap .
OK service.
Prefer v tackle or CA geelong or southern sportfisher.......
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Sun May 29, 2016 4:28 pm

What do you think of Mario's in Geelong,I like the salted blue bait.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”