Kmart????

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Re: Kmart????

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Was in keysborough today - similar thing was happening a few weeks ago, but today the small (lure) section was filled with all new Jarvis walker and tsunami tackle I've never seen before.

A range of Jarvis walker soft plastics similar to gulps and squidgies, multi packs of hardbodies and spinners, a range of squid jigs (2 for $5) etc +other things I'm missing. But point being, it was pretty much an all new range I've never seen before (and all JW + Tsunami aka JW), also saw they have expanded their braid range too - if I knew this post was going to be started, I would have taken a snap of it!

Reckon this may be happening to your locals soon.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:57 pm

If they're changing their range I hope they don't get rid of the Halco Outcasts
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:17 pm

Pretty much all brands other than Gulp sps were gone* (namely stumper jumpers, kokoda and halco).

*Caveat should be - wasn't specifically looking for those - was mostly focused looking at the new range of stuff - but also didn't seem to see them....

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:38 pm

4liters wrote:If they're changing their range I hope they don't get rid of the Halco Outcasts
Both Keilor and Altona still have the Halco's but they seem to have got rid of the Berkley Flicker shads :( as well which are a great little lure and at $7 a pop you could lose a few and not worry too much.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:24 pm

Marty.A wrote:
4liters wrote:If they're changing their range I hope they don't get rid of the Halco Outcasts
Both Keilor and Altona still have the Halco's but they seem to have got rid of the Berkley Flicker shads :( as well which are a great little lure and at $7 a pop you could lose a few and not worry too much.
That's a shame, I've got quite a lot of fish on Berkley lures and as you say the cost means I don't mind using them to target toothy things.
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Kmart could make a killing with tbere buying power

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:22 am

Yeah id say its going through range change. Their category buyer mustve made a good deal with some suppliers n theyre going to range in cheap goodies for quick easy cash. Last time this happened i picked up fins braid for only $11 bux. The same braid is still going for $45 at usual tackle stores, gotta be the early bird for these bargains. Oh and i also picked up halcos lures n jigheads of variouse sizes all for $2 DISCONTINUED PRICE!!! This was all at kmart

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:43 am

Kmart is probably ditching their fishing range across most stores due to lack of sales. They used to have a good selection of stuff. Then they culled it all for their own branded shite which was completely useless and wouldn't have had many repeat buyers. Thus sales drop and they cull the section.

If they started stocking a small hand picked selection of quality commonly used consumable gear for Victoria instead of ranges of **** they'd tick over pretty well. Could literally have 1 aisle of fishing stuff and it would be worth visiting.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:23 am

ducky wrote:Kmart is probably ditching their fishing range across most stores due to lack of sales. They used to have a good selection of stuff. Then they culled it all for their own branded shite which was completely useless and wouldn't have had many repeat buyers. Thus sales drop and they cull the section.

If they started stocking a small hand picked selection of quality commonly used consumable gear for Victoria instead of ranges of sh*t they'd tick over pretty well. Could literally have 1 aisle of fishing stuff and it would be worth visiting.
They're not ditching fishing gear entirely but the sportfisher stuff is getting replaced by Jarvis Walker gear. I'm not sure about what will happen to the other brand they carry at the moment though

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:45 am

Chirnside Park Kmart was looking fairly sparse when I was there a couple of weeks back, and a friend said Eastland Kmart was not much better.
Won't end up worrying me too much - plenty of good tackle stores this side of town. May pay a little more but better to get expert advise etc.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”