Kmart????

one2three

Re: Kmart????

Post by one2three » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:08 am

I know this is a KMart thread what about some of the stuff BigW sells?
Jack of all trades, Master of none

azkay

Post by azkay » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:42 pm

My local BigW got rid of their fishing section, i'd say a few months ago now.. At the time i kinda remember staff telling me that it was going to be across the board, as in all stores were doing the same..
Az.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:26 pm

ducky wrote:Kmart is probably ditching their fishing range across most stores due to lack of sales. They used to have a good selection of stuff. Then they culled it all for their own branded shite which was completely useless and wouldn't have had many repeat buyers. Thus sales drop and they cull the section.

If they started stocking a small hand picked selection of quality commonly used consumable gear for Victoria instead of ranges of sh*t they'd tick over pretty well. Could literally have 1 aisle of fishing stuff and it would be worth visiting.
Rosebud tried that, then when sales obviously dropped, a new stock of shimano gear appeared, Catana/sienna combos even tld/boat combos along with the good old ugly stik surf combos.

Weedle

Post by Weedle » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:15 pm

I can confirm that Kmart and Big-W will soon stop selling fishing equipment.

one2three

Post by one2three » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Weedle wrote:I can confirm that Kmart and Big-W will soon stop selling fishing equipment.
Inside info?
Jack of all trades, Master of none

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:01 pm

The Big-W in Broady shopping centre got rid of all the fishing gear over a year ago to a liquidator ...
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:32 pm

hornet wrote:The Big-W in Broady shopping centre got rid of all the fishing gear over a year ago to a liquidator ...
Most of them should have it back now. Their range is a bit limited compared to Kmart but they've got a bit of stuff.
Weedle wrote:I can confirm that Kmart and Big-W will soon stop selling fishing equipment.
Where did you hear that?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:02 pm

4liters wrote:
hornet wrote:The Big-W in Broady shopping centre got rid of all the fishing gear over a year ago to a liquidator ...
Most of them should have it back now. Their range is a bit limited compared to Kmart but they've got a bit of stuff.
Where did you hear that?
After doing a ring around chasing those tackle boxes I was told some Kmarts will restructure their fishing inventory and some will get rid of it altogether how true this is time will tell I suppose, but if your after those Halco's it might be a bit far for you but Keilor had a fare few as of yesterday.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:13 pm

Marty.A wrote:
4liters wrote:
Where did you hear that?
After doing a ring around chasing those tackle boxes I was told some Kmarts will restructure their fishing inventory and some will get rid of it altogether how true this is time will tell I suppose, but if your after those Halco's it might be a bit far for you but Keilor had a fare few as of yesterday.
Anaconda should have them and I'm pretty sure they'll price match kmart

I guess there are some areas where they wouldn't sell much fishing gear and it doesn't make sense to stock it in those places
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

savit

Post by savit » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:34 pm

I think it is good. I have done a lot of shopping in 2012 when Kmart was selling brand name fishing stuff at 1/3 price to clear the shelves for their own inferior brand.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”