Anaconda - Bayswater store

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Anaconda - Bayswater store

Post by skronkman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Dropped in today looking for a gift, didn't buy anything but couldn't resist a peek at the fishing section. They have the greatest selection of quality brand lures I've seen. I was amazed and they had 20% off all lures and also soft plastics were 3 packs for $22 (including berkley, zman). The prices were pretty usual but after the discount they were on the cheaper side of retail offerings I've seen.

They were a bit light on for squid jigs but there must have been 15' of shelving dedicated to spinner baits! They had halco, strike pro, celta, tassies, rapala, etc.

i wouldn't rate them for the rest of there fishing selection but they had an extensive collection of rods and combos from the lower end of the price/quality range and a few decent looking rods from daiwa and Abu with Fuji guides.

Anyhow, I've never thought of them as being particularly good as a tackle destination but was pleasantly surprised and would go back there if I was in the market for lures or soft plastics.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Re: Anaconda - Bayswater store

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:57 pm

I've had some good experiences there. It's the complete opposite in the Box Hill store though.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 pm

I got my first set of squid jigs there that they picked out for me.
Still catching squid 2 years later

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:38 am

I got a crab net from there a few years ago and the ive been eating fresh crab ever since. Also got a smoker from there earlier this year to smoke up some eels.
Seems alright.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”